Tuesday, January 25, 2011

P.O.L.

 P.O.L. = Presentation of Learning
At Gavin's school, the last week of the semester, all the students are required to present what they have learned so far this year.  They have to dress professionally and give a summary of all their work and detail out their projects. 
 This was our first one and he did a great job.  He is an excellent public speaker.  There is a panel of other students and us, the family, who have to observe and check things off a checklist to make sure he covered the required topics.

At the end of his presentation, it is a Q & A session from the audience.  I really enjoyed it and took a video, but I deleted it on accident (dangit!).  I really like the way this school teaches these kids.  Gavin loves it too!  And, after the Q & A, the teacher kept us and Gavin in for a few minutes to let us know that he did a great job and that he passed!

No comments:

Post a Comment