Remerse Banks Wilson
1922-2011
On Saturday (2/12), we said goodbye to the White Grandma. She died a week prior from complications while suffering from pneumonia. She lived an adventurous and wonderful life and passed with her children at her side. We were so lucky to have her in our lives! Gavin lovingly named her the "White Grandma", because of her white hair when he was little. She lived with Nana & Papa for 6-7 years and we got to spend so much time with her. I'm so grateful for that. Now she is in heaven with her sweetheart and all of her loved ones who have gone on before. I know she is having a wonderful party and loving all the attention!
I will miss sharing Pepsi with her!
I will miss sharing Pepsi with her!
The funeral service took place in Bakersfield and most of her grandsons served as pallbearers.
Her casket was all pretty and pink. I'll bet she liked that! It was a gorgeous day and we had the service outside under a gazebo. She loved being outside and sitting in the sunshine!
The kids sang "Families Can Be Together Forever". Gavin had a really hard time and Cali was so cute, she reached over and held his hand until the song was over. It was really sweet.
I thought this was cute....Cali, Cordy and Ady each took a white rose and laid it on top of the casket. When the workers lowered the casket to place it in the wall, they took off all the flowers except those 3. It was a very special goodbye.
We LOVE you Grandma and miss you and will be so happy when we see you again.
We LOVE you Grandma and miss you and will be so happy when we see you again.

No comments:
Post a Comment