Monday, June 10, 2013

5th Grade Promotion

Cali was promoted from the 5th Grade on Thursday....
We had front row seats because I won them at the Fall Festival Auction.  The ceremony started at 8:00 AM.  Cali was so excited.  Because she has served as Student Council President, she did the Welcome and led everyone in the Pledge of Allegiance-
 Here's the front row crew.....I had 10 seats and we shared them with the Rathfon family.
 Like I said before, she was a little excited.  Because her last name starts with a "W", she sat in the last row of students.  She was the 4th to last to be called.  So, our seats were great because she was right in front of us.
 During the ceremony, I was recovering from a headache.  I was resting on Jeremy's shoulder, while Mr. Menchaca was about to present the award for Student of the Year.  He was saying all these wonderful things about the student, while I was resting my eyes.  Then he said the student's name - CALI WILSON!!!  I shot up and scrambled for the camera.  I totally missed the moment!   It was not expected!  But we cheered as Cali slowly got up from her seat, shocked, and walked up to receive the award-

 It was pretty awesome!!!  We are so proud of her!  She was stoked!
 Then we sat through the 100 names of all the kids until it was finally Cali's turn to get her diploma!  She ran right up, grabbed that thing and ran back to her seat!  She was done!  So long 5th Grade!
 Gavin waited for her to go by and so lovingly (not!) placed her candy lei around her neck-
 Our newest graduate and MIDDLE SCHOOLER!!!!!!!
 Gammy & Papa got to share in the moment-
 And Cali is REALLY going to miss being with Mia in Middle School.  These 2 are the best of buds!
 Family Shot!  
 Mama Loves!  I love this girl so much and feel so blessed that I get to be her mom!  I can't believe she is going to Middle School.  I am so scared...she is not!
 Cali & Sophie - Buddies since Kinder!
 Goodbye and Thank You Mr. Menchaca!  Best 5th grade Teacher EVER!!! 
 Cali made her favorite staff members Thank You cards.  One for Mr. Gerardo (the janitor), one for Mrs. B. (the librarian) and one for Ms. Montjoy (the Art Teacher).  Ms. Montjoy loved her card so much-
 Daddy and his Angel.....She is growing up way too fast!
 These are my favorite pics of the day.  I wanted to get a cute big brother shot!  This is what I got..

 FINALLY!!!
It was a great morning!  We were, of course, the last ones to leave.  My dad and Jeremy were the only parents who helped Mr. Gerardo stack up all the chairs (Studs!).  Gavin & Cali ran into Luke's class and surprised him, before we left the school.  Gavin still had school, we ran home and Cali changed.  Gammy, Cali and I dropped off Gav and then headed to Barnes and Noble to get Cali a few graduation presents...2 new books she wanted.  Then we met Jeremy at the Olive Garden for lunch.  
For a bonus, after lunch, I took Cali shopping!  
BEST LAST DAY OF SCHOOL EVER!  
 

1 comment:

  1. yay cali! she is so sweet and will be awesome in middle school. can't wait till we get to see everyone again!

    ReplyDelete