This weekend we got to come together and watch and listen to the Prophet and Leaders of the Church. Saturday, we fit in sessions between soccer and the Boys and Girls Club dinner. Sunday, we headed to The Ranch for the morning session.
The Prophet, Thomas S. Monson opened the conference. He started so strong, but as he got to the end of his talk, his body began to give out on him. But he wouldn't stop. He spoke until he was through. It was really hard and emotional to watch. Greg Trimble wrote an amazing article that expresses exactly what I feel...you can read it here.
We munched on cinnamon rolls and bacon while snuggling on the couch and enjoying the council from our leaders.
Then we hopped into the car and headed to Gammy & Papa's. We feasted on Holy Waffles and breakfast burritos while watching the afternoon session.
I always feel so good and "spiritually" fed after these weekends. I also feel very full with yummy food too! And it is wonderful to do this surrounded by my family. I am thankful for a living prophet and apostles on this earth who can lift us and guide us. Here are some of my favorite quotes from the weekend-



No comments:
Post a Comment