Friday, October 6, 2017

OCC Weekend 2k17!

Oh.My.Gosh!!!
I was able to accompany 10 of the most amazing women to Cabo, the last weekend in August for an absolutely surreal reunion!
Thursday August 24th-
A Sprinter Van arrived at my house to pick up Vicky, Yvonne, Jenni and myself.
Next stop was the OC for Tina-Marie and Shelley!
Our driver took us to Clay Lacey Aviation in Van Nuys for us to board this-
A PRIVATE JET!!!

Once at the air field, we were joined by Anna, Kari, Steff, and our kind and generous hostess, Jackie!
So, of course, we had a photo shoot-




Then we boarded the plane and headed south  to Cabo!
 And our flight was catered ...
 My view...
 Yum!
 Of course flying on a private jet was rad!  It was comfy and pretty and the bathroom was nice!  But one of the coolest things, was that the cockpit was wide open to us.  I got to go up and chat with the pilots and look out the windshield and see where we were going.  It was so cool!  
When we arrived in Cabo, the sweet airport ladies brought us each roses to welcome us...
 
Our driver from the Esperanza Resort was waiting on the Tarmac to take us to our villas.  But not before Vicky and I got to be cleared for everyone else in customs.  That part was a little sketchy.  Oh!  And the bullet holes in the windows of our van were a little scary too.  I said a quick prayer for our safety, and when I opened my eyes, I saw 2 Elders walking down the street.  I immediately felt at peace and safe.  So off we went for an incredible weekend!



Esperanza - An Auberge Resort - Cabo San Lucas

 
When we arrived at the resort, Jackie had reserved 3, 4 bedroom villas for us to use!  I was assigned the 4th floor corner villa (804) with Kari, Shelley and SURPRISE! - Janet!!!  She flew in from New York to join us!  I also got the master bedroom and bathroom in our villa, so woohoo for me! 

 After we all got settled and freshened up, we headed down to the restaurant for Taco (Bar) Night!
The taco bar was delish and we all had so much fun getting reacquainted and telling stories.  We even got serenaded by mariachis and had fireworks!

I even got myself some cotton candy from the dessert bar!
That night, we spent a little time at Jackie's Villa, hanging out by her pool (her villa came with its own pool and spa!).  Then my roomies and I stayed up until almost 2 AM talking!  Then I cuddled up in my luxurious bed and slept in until 9 AM!


We had our own kitchen and it was stocked with food & pepsi!!!  So, I made smoothies for everyone!  And, I put them in these fancy cups-
the view out my room...
Friday - Pool Day!
We spent Friday lounging by the pool (s).

It was so hot and we wanted to explore!  A group of us headed over to the hotel side of the resort to check out the beachfront pool and the beach!


It was so dreamy!  We swam in the pool, then ran down the burning hot sand to enjoy the ocean.





This is me trying to be cute in the cabana...
It was such a fun and relaxing day!
That night, we got all pretty and took a ride up into the hill to Flora's Farm!  This restaurant is truly farm to table and the grounds are breathtaking!
All of these ladies got pretty hammered!  But the food was exquisite, there was live music and we got asked to leave by a creepy dude.
Riding back to the resort after dark, was a little unsettling.  Especially when the driver kept looking in his mirror, kept the lights on inside, and kept looking around outside.  But we made it safely back!  I decided to call it a night.  Everyone else partied late into the morning!  But I wanted a good night's sleep because I wanted to enjoy-
Saturday - Boat Day!!
Jackie rented a YACHT for the day!  It was incredible!!




The view, the food, the crew....it was so surreal!!!!  It was seriously a dream come true!

We spent the day cruising, swimming, eating and dancing!  



 And we were escorted back to the marina by a school of flying mantas!





I will never forget Boat Day!  I loved it so much!
For our final night, we ate at the fancy hotel restaurant, right on the water...




Dinner was amazing & none of us really wanted to leave in the morning.  The amount of love, respect and admiration I have for these women is overwhelming.  I am so grateful for the friendships we've been able to keep for 25+ years!  And so grateful to have been able to be a part of this weekend!
Sunday morning was a slow, sad wake up.  Janet had to catch a plane to New York, so here's our "804" family pic-
The drive to the airport was alot quieter than the drive we had on the way to the resort.  We had such a lovely weekend together and made memories that will last a lifetime!
Jackie is a wonderfully generous friend.  I feel so blessed to be in her company.  What she planned and made happen for us was truly a beautiful gift!  It is so awesome that 10 women, with different backgrounds, beliefs and probably opposite views on life/politics, can get together like this and enjoy each other so much!
I will never forget OCC Weekend 2017!!




No comments:

Post a Comment