Bags were packed, I took Luke & Brody out of their last day of school for Spring Break, we hopped in the car and headed to Anaheim for a weekend full of geeky fun!
The Con didn't start until 1:00 PM. We got to our hotel around Noon. I knew we probably couldn't check in, but I went inside to get permission to park in the parking garage. The guy at the front counter let me check in and told me that the room I booked was not available. BUT, that he could upgrade me to a Kid Suite for free! Done! I parked and grabbed our stuff and when we went to put it away in the room, the boys went crazy over our cool room! They were so excited about the bunk bed and had to flip a coin to see who would get it (Luke & Brody).
We got to the Convention Center just as they were letting everyone in. We spent some time walking through the Exhibit Hall and ran into our friends the Mitchells at the Bob's Burgers booth-
We had only been there a total of 10 minutes, and both Brody and Gavin already had their first purchases.
After cruising through the Exhibit Hall and the Courtyard, we ended up in the new expansion room for the Teen Titans Go! panel...
Always a good time!
We sat through the Unikitty panel too and went outside to look at more cosplay...
But the boys didn't want to do any more panels and we had some serious plans for the evening, so we grabbed some dinner at IHOP. Then we made the short walk to Downtown Disney...
To try out the new VR/AR "Star Wars - Secrets of the Empire" Experience at the Void!
It was mind-blowingly AWESOME!
It was one of the coolest things Ive ever done! Totally immersed in the Star Wars Universe. We were rebels on a secret mission, disguised as Storm Troopers. The boys were in character the whole time. They were a little mad at me, because I was totally freaking out and "fangirling" the whole time. It was so cool and I am so glad we did it!
We finished off our first night watching the Disneyland fireworks, then slept nicely in our suite.
On Saturday, we got up early, grabbed some free breakfast from the lobby, and went down to get into the Arena line. So glad we got there nice and early. These guys kept us company while we waited to be let in-
My pro line waiters...
We got in and got the best seats in the house!
We spent the whole day in here!
We started with the "Batman Ninja" screening and panel. It was so cool! Usually I don't like these kind of animated movies, but this one was so unique and fun!
All day in the arena is tiring...
Next up was the Ready Player One panel!
The author and the movie cast told us what it was like making the movie and working with Spielberg...
We also got to see a really neat "Greatest Cartoons of all time" presentation.
But my favorite, was this-
We watched the pilot episode and then a full cast panel after. It was incredible. Loved it so much, that now its on Netflix and is currently my new favorite show.
It was 4:00 when we ended our time at the Con. We made one final sweep of the Exhibit Hall and Luke got himself a cool shirt. Gav did too. We weren't really ready to go home just yet. So, we headed back to Downtown Disney for some Churros and Lego Shopping.
Then, we called it a day!
It was such a fun filled weekend. I loved spending so much time with my boys. I love them so much and love making memories with them!



























No comments:
Post a Comment