OK-I know what you're thinking...wha? But yes, after MUCH deliberation, we decided to allow Gavin to have a cell phone. The kid is stoked! With his school being a little far from home, and my job might cause me to run late sometimes to pick him up, we decided it was a good thing to do, to stay in touch and for him to have in case of emergencies. I did A LOT of research to try and find the best deal and the most appropriate for his age. I didn't want him to have a phone that would allow him to text or access the internet. So, I found one of my really old phones that can only be used for calls and just added him to my plan. He has to keep it turned off at school and can only use it for emergencies, or if he has my permission. I'm not sure why I'm sharing this, but I think it's because this was a big step for us. He's getting older....
Wednesday, September 1, 2010
The kid's got a cell phone...
OK-I know what you're thinking...wha? But yes, after MUCH deliberation, we decided to allow Gavin to have a cell phone. The kid is stoked! With his school being a little far from home, and my job might cause me to run late sometimes to pick him up, we decided it was a good thing to do, to stay in touch and for him to have in case of emergencies. I did A LOT of research to try and find the best deal and the most appropriate for his age. I didn't want him to have a phone that would allow him to text or access the internet. So, I found one of my really old phones that can only be used for calls and just added him to my plan. He has to keep it turned off at school and can only use it for emergencies, or if he has my permission. I'm not sure why I'm sharing this, but I think it's because this was a big step for us. He's getting older....
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment