Sunday, December 5, 2010

.....A Heart Happy Moment...

It's been a while since I've written one of these.  But the last 2 weeks I have been overcome with emotion.  I feel I need to write it down, because this blog has become my journal.  Last week, Gavin was ordained a Deacon and received the Aaronic Priesthood.  So many of our family members came to support him.  I shared it already in a previous post, but I was so touched by it, and so was he.  This week, he passed the Sacrament for the first time.  He was the smallest one.  But he did such a great job and took it very seriously.  It's amazing how grown up he seems now.  I tried not to watch him the whole time, but I couldn't help it.  I did look away whenever he looked my way, so that he wouldn't notice me watching him.  I love that I get to raise my children in the Gospel.  I'm so thankful to have been raised in it myself.  Although, I was anything but perfect, I feel it armed me with the right tools to be able to get myself on the right track, whenever I have lost my way.  I know that bringing my children up in this church will give them the tools they need to be happy too!  I bore my testimony today of these things.  I also love this time of year.  I think I feel the Spirit more during the Christmas Season, because we don't just feel it in our homes and churches.  It's everywhere!  It's in the songs on the radio, the decorations, the yards, and even in the stores.  You hear people speak of Jesus more than any other time of the year.  That makes me Happy!  Thank you for letting me share these "Happy
 moments with you!

1 comment: