Thursday, September 22, 2011

Cali's Humerus

Get it?
Yesterday, while Cali was at Activity Days, she was trying to jump over a little pond/stream thing in the Ong's back yard, then slipped on some wet rocks and landed on her elbow.
Jeremy had just showed up to pick her up and take her to soccer when it happened.  It was hurting her really bad and she couldn't move it, so Jeremy brought her straight home.  I was grocery shopping and he had to leave for practice, so she sat, in pain, for about 30 min., before I finally got home.
She was shaking and crying and the whole arm was so swollen.  I knew we would be making a trip to the ER.  But it was Jeremy's turn to go to the ER (I went last time), so I had her elevate it and ice it until after dinner.  Daddy took her to Childrens Hospital and they saw her right away.  After xrays...it was determined that she had a hair line fracture on her humerus.  She got to pick out the color of cast (purple-baby!) and they got home around 12:30 AM.  She didn't sleep too well.  She was in pain and had a hard time getting comfortable, but she got to sleep in this morning and miss school.  She was so excited about that, until she realized that she would also be missing out on piano, clogging, and especially, soccer,for the next 4-6 weeks.  She broke down in tears!  It's been a rough month for my angel.  But she's a trooper!  I hope we can keep her entertained and happy and hope her arm will heal well!  I love my angel!

1 comment:

  1. So so sorry Cali girl!!
    I didn't realize she was still doing all three things, busy busy girl.
    I'm sure you can find ways to keep her entertained momma!!

    ReplyDelete