Today was a family-filled day!
We started with a pancake/hash browns/bacon/cinnamon rolls breakfast at Nana's & Papa's with Aunt Mishelle and Scrac. We all had a great time with the Conference packets I printed off of sugardoodle.net. Everyone actually stayed in the family room, all together, the entire time! After the 1st session, we went around the house and saw all the cool things that are happening to it! There's always some new addition or change whenever we go over. It's so exciting!
We left at noon and headed over to Gammy's and Papa's for more food and Conference. The kids had all the cousins, so they spent the whole 2nd session playing with them. We did make them come up for the Prophet's concluding talk. Then we all went on a walk down to the beach. It was a beautiful day. The kids had fun playing frisbee with "Tim from Indiana (foreigner!)" and his friend. We walked back to mom's and had a yummy chicken dinner, before calling it a night.
I am so thankful for this time of year and for the leaders of the Church. I was really touched by many of the talks given this weekend. I'm really grateful that my kids seem to be "getting it" more and more as they get older. It really strengthens my testimony and reaffirms to me that The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints is TRUE!

No comments:
Post a Comment