I have had this idea tucked away since I got my calling. I looked all over the internet and pinterest to see if I could find an outline or lesson of some sort...but decided to make it up myself! This month's topic in Sunday lessons, has been on the Plan of Salvation and Pre-Mortal Life. Last week, I taught the lesson and read an article by Pres. Uchtdorf, about the influence and power of women for good. That went with the Super Hero theme perfectly. So, we met at the church and I read them some of Pres. Uchtdorf's talk. Then we talked about Super Heroes and what qualities they possess. I tied in that the YW values can be seen as our own Super Powers, that were given to us at birth.
Each girl picked a value to be her Super Power of the night. I had felt in all the value colors, brought fabric markers and scissors, and they had to create their own costumes. They had to come up with a name, logo and how they would use their powers to "save the world!"
There were just enough girls for each one to have a different value. It worked out perfectly. I think they had a lot of fun coming up with their "alter egos".
| "The Love Doctor", "Little Seed", "Truly Candid", "Captain Awesome", "Lady Divine", "Super Knowledge" & "Lightning McMoral" |
I was the only leader who participated....Here I am as "Super Sunshine" (Good Works). My Super Power is to spread sunshine and happiness with service to others!!!
I love my Calling!
this is awesome! can i pin it? maybe too many people will start looking at your blog...
ReplyDeleteHa! I'm thinking of making a separate post for pinterest...
ReplyDelete