Wednesday, February 11, 2015

42 is the answer to anything and everything in the universe...

Yesterday was Jeremy's 42nd Birthday!!!
This year, things have been just absolutely crazy and money has been tight.  I kept asking him what her wanted and wanted to do for his birthday and he always just kind of shrugged it off.  So, on Sunday, I was texting Karen.  Jeremy had mentioned a few weeks back that he would love a new BBQ Grill.  I got in touch with the parents and we all decided to go in and get him one.  The problem was, I had no time to go and get one before the big day.  Carl volunteered to go get one and we decided to throw a last minute, surprise BBQ party for him Monday night.
Monday, I worked all day and raced to the store after picking up the kids to get food and party stuff.  I had texted everyone and told them to be at our house at 6:00 for the surprise (He usually gets home around 6:15-6:30).  When the kids and I pulled into the driveway, he was already home...DOH!
We just pretended everything was normal and brought in the groceries.  We didn't say anything, but he could tell something was up because we came in and started cleaning the house and putting up decorations.  Just before 6;00, Carl showed up, alone, and without a grill.  :-(
He couldn't decide which one to get!  So, I had to break the news to Jeremy that "Surprise!" We were having a Birthday BBQ and that he needed to fire up his (old) grill because we were going to need it.  He did not mind at all and was excited that the whole family came over to celebrate!  Everyone yelled "surprise" whenever they arrived and we had ourselves a fun family night celebrating the Birthday Boy!

 We made delicious Burgers, Bacon Caesar Salad, lots of chips and dips (courtesy of Gammy and Papa), beans and Diet Dr. Pepper (and other soda for the normal soda drinkers :-)

 The parents and the wife ended up giving Jeremy money to pick out and buy his own grill.  Everyone else spoiled him with silly cards & zombie and bacon presents!










 All of his siblings went in and got him a mini jambox!  Gav was stoked because that meant he got dad's oontz!  Oh yeah!




 Cali made a delicious yellow cake with chocolate frosting...
 And we all enjoyed cake and ice cream for dessert.  Scrac combined his to make a delicious birthday treat!
 The party turned out so great!  He felt very loved and I am so happy everyone took the time, at the last minute to be there!
Yesterday was his actual birthday and it was a CRAAAZY day!  We both had to work and after school there was a field hockey game, basketball tryouts, YW and a Scout Court of Honor!  We didn't get to celebrate until 8:30 PM and I didn't even get to make him a special dinner.  But I did manage to pick him up his favorite burrito from MXN.  
Last month, I started to think about what we should get for daddy from the kids.  We love to do stuff together. So, I asked each of the kids to think of something they wanted to do with their dad.  Just the 2 of them.  Then I would get the tickets or whatever so that they could go.  Brody came to me last week and told me that he had an idea of what he wanted to do with his Daddy.  He wanted to go surfing.  So, he made Jeremy the cutest card letting him know that he wanted to go surfing with him for his birthday, this Saturday.   It brought tears to Daddy's eyes...
 Luke made a little presentation letting his Daddy know that he would be taking him to K-1 Speed on Friday Night for some racing fun!

 Cali wrote a poem explaining that she would be taking her Daddy to see a Musical (movie) "Into the Woods" some time this week-
 And Gavin made a card declaring to his Dad that they will be attending the "Flogging Molly" concert next month in LA.
 Brody fell asleep before Jeremy could thank him, but we got a group shot of the kids with their favorite person on his birthday!  Best Daddy Ever!  And he loved their heart-felt gifts!
 I made Jeremy a little video of my gift for him.  I'm kidnapping him next weekend and taking him away.  I'll post here where we go after our getaway.  I love this man so much!  I'm so glad he is my best friend, the best dad and best husband!  Happy Birthday Honey!  Looks like it will be lasting all month long!  Yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment