Monday, April 6, 2015

Easter

 Easter has come and gone...
Whoa!  Time is just flying by!
This year was a little different because General Conference fell on this Easter Weekend.  So, Saturday was a nice, relaxing day of Conference and hangin out together at home.  Before bed on Saturday night, we had a nice Easter FHE.  
Then Sunday morning around 6:45...these 4 came hopping into our room...
 They were so excited to hunt for their baskets!  The Easter Bunny did a great job this year of finding new and difficult hiding spots!  Luke was the first to find his...
 Then Gav...
 Then this guy...
These 2 had started eating their candy and putting together their legos while Cali was still looking for hers...
 And Gav was pretty stoked with his gifts...
 It took her the longest...but she finally found her basket!  And she was so happy!
 I'm always last and for the first time in 7 years, mine was in the house instead of in Jeremy's car in the garage...
 The Easter Bunny filled Jer's basket full of his favorite treats and tickets to Van Halen!!!

Since it was Conference, we would be heading to my mom's for the "food fest", hunt and Afternoon Session.  So I kept breakfast simple with Cinnamon Rolls, bacon and fruit-
 And the Easter Dragon Came!!!
 He had to hunt for his basket too...

 Yay!!!
He loved wrapping his cinnamon rolls in bacon...

 9:00 came and it was time to be spiritually fed.  The Prophet opened the Easter morning session.  So many wonderful talks, but Elder Holland was my favorite.  

 After the morning session, Jeremy participated in the annual "biting off the ears of the peeps!".
 This year he got creative and bit the butts off too!
We got cleaned up and dressed into our casual Easter best for the Easter pics...


 Then we all headed to Gammy & Papa's for the rest of the day!
Food & Conference...
 Scrac came too and wore my mom's bunny ears all day.  He was able to enjoy the traditional "Holy Waffles".
 I spent the second session snuggling with this guy...
And after conference was over, Gammy announced it was time!!!
 Had to get a pic of all these cuties before they headed into the jungle to find their baskets...


 Woo Hoo!  




 It was handy having Scrac there to take our family pics...

Thanks Gammy Bunny!!!
 The rest of the day was spent hanging out, playing cards, food comas and talking wedding plans...



 AND.... I won the Fantasy General Conference game we play with Becky and the kids!  Yes!!!!
It was a different kind of Easter, but I loved it.  We got to listen to the Prophet and the wonderful leaders of our church.  It was an absolutely wonderful tribute to the Savior and the best way to remember Him on this most special day.  I was surrounded by my family the whole day!  Constantly reminded of the blessings I have recieved in my life and the blessings I will continue to receive #BecauseHeLives.
Happy Easter!







No comments:

Post a Comment