We have been waiting, and waiting, and waiting...and it finally came!
Last Wednesday after work and school, we loaded up the van and headed to Anaheim. We stayed at a cheap, but clean hotel close to the Convention Center. The first panel at the Con was at 10:00 AM on Thursday morning. People were already lining up at 6:00 PM Wednesday night. So, we decided to get to bed early and be up at 4:30 AM and get in line. I don't think any of us slept all that well. We were all a little excited. But I was up Thursday morning at 4:15 and around 4:45, I blasted the Star Wars theme and woke the kids up. We slowly got up and ready and made the 5 minute walk to the Convention Center...
We were in line in Hall E by 5:45. Around 6:30 they came around with the wristbands. The Arena, where the panel was being held, holds 4000 people. They were also showing the panel in 2 other rooms. We thought we would be watching it in one of the other rooms...
BUT....we got wristbands to see the panel LIVE on the Celebration Stage!!!! Getting up early paid off!
The kids were so good during the 4+ hour wait. We read, played video games, ate and visited with our line buddies. Around 9:00, they began taking us into the Arena. We got the last row on the floor and had so much fun watching the panel. It was JJ Abrams and Kathleen Kennedy talking about the making of "The Force Awakens". They showed us pics from the set and locations used. They also brought out the new BB8 and even R2. Then they brought out 3 of the new cast members. It was fun to hear their experiences making the film. Then they brought out Carrie Fisher, Peter Mayhew, Mark Hamill and Anthony Daniels. Everyone went crazy!!! But the best part was at the very end. They showed us the new teaser trailer...TWICE! At the end of the trailer, they show Chewie and Han. OMGOSH!!! The crowd blew the roof off the Arena! It was so fun! I had a smile on my face the whole time, chills and tears. Gav was sobbing with happiness! We were pumped! Can NOT wait for December! As we were walking out the doors, Brody told me that he wish he had a time machine, so that he could go to December and see the movie! We all got cool posters and then we walked back to the hotel and took naps!
Right on the corner next to our hotel, there was a little strip mall of different kinds of restaurants. I ran down and got pizza for Brody and Luke and Subway for the rest of us. It was so convenient and cheaper than eating at the Convention Center. So, with our tummies full and feeling energized from our naps, we headed back for Part 2!
It was not very crowded at all. We got to see and do so many things. Brody loves to get his picture taken with stuff...here he is with one of the First Order Troopers from The Force Awakens-
Gav did some shopping and got Pre Vizla's Lightsaber...
Cali got herself a Wicket Funko...
And Brody got to try out the new Star Wars Battle Pod Arcade Game-
All of these girls were getting up and posing all sexy with Jabba. I jumped up and had some fun. I look like Salacious Crumb...
We spent alot of time here...in the Lego Play Area...
These 2 built stuff for a long time...
And Luke hopped into this (not so) fully operational tie figther! It did light up and make noise!
And Brody created an amazing Star Destroyer that matched his shirt...
And they put it on display-
Our Disneyland passes were only good for Thursday. So, when we got hungry, we headed over to the Happiest Place on Earth for some food and, Star Tours, of course. We also rode Pirates and got in a sneak peek of the new movie "Tomorrowland". We could have done more, but we were exhausted. So back to the hotel we went and we all slept awesome that night! What a great first day!
Day 2: Friday
The Battlefront panel was at 10:00 AM this time and Gavin had to be there!! But we only had to wake up at 7:00 AM and got in line by 8:15. I love watching him with "his people". It makes me so happy...
Anthony Daniels came around to wish us all a good morning...
And we made it in! Boom! We got free shirts, the panel was amazing and now my boys are saving their money for a PS4.
We spent most of the day, again, downstairs playing in the Hall. I made sure we had some fun at the picture booths...
And Cali and I got to participate in the Her Universe #AhsokaLives photo. Can you find us?
So far, we hadn't gotten to see Ashley at the Con. Cali was a little sad. And when she tried to get Ashley's attention after the photo, Ashley couldn't hear her and got whisked away. Big Brother to the rescue! Gavin headed her off at the golf carts and when she realized it was us, she hopped out to give Cali a hug! That made her whole Con!
We split up that afternoon. Gavin went and got in line to see Revenge of the Sith in 3D. We wanted to see it too, but they really messed up the line, so we headed to the Lego Star Wars Droid Tales and Anthony Daniels panels. They were so fun and we got free C3P0 keychains! Then we headed to IHOP for dinner (kids eat free!) and waited for Gav to be done with his movie while we ate. The timing worked out perfect and we had another wonderful day! We all slept nice and hard again that night!
| I came in like a wrecking ball... |
Day 3: Saturday - Crowded Day!
Saturday was sold out and it was crazy! We slept in and checked out of the hotel and got to the Con around 11 AM. We were expecting lots of people and knew we wouldn't get in too much. But these guys managed to get into the Lego Booth and build some blocks...
And they helped get this guy all done!-
We just hung out and people watched and had a yummy food truck lunch. Then we got in line to see the James Arnold Taylor (Talking to Myself) and Mark Hamill panel. Both panels were so great! Glad we got see them.
Then, it was over. Our adventure was done. Time to go home...We are smiling in this picture, but I was feeling a little sad. I didn't want it to end...
We drove home Saturday night and we were very happy to see Daddy. It was also very nice to sleep in our own beds. But when I woke up Sunday morning, I wanted to go back. And I could! We had 4-day Passes after all! So, I turned to Jeremy and told him I wanted to go back. He said, "you should!". So I did!!!!
Luke & Brody were done and wanted to stay home and build the Lego sets they got from the Con. So, these 2 went back up with me and we ran into CJ and Dave!
Gavin pretty much had a list of "to-do" 's and Cali and I just really wanted to see Ashley, but didn't. We all went to and enjoyed the Billy Dee Williams panel and Cali and I enjoyed the Closing Ceremony.
We spent the last 30 minutes doing one last round around the Hall. I felt done this time! I felt like we had soaked in all of it and I was fulfilled. I love every minute of Star Wars we got to enjoy. I had the time of my life making memories with my kids. Spending time with them is my favorite! Thanks Daddy for the gift and for supporting us in our geekiness! #thefamilythatstarwarstogetherstaystogether
No comments:
Post a Comment