A couple days before Christmas, Grandma got knocked over and broke her arm and leg! She had to have surgery on the leg and lost her ability to swallow. Things weren't looking too good and she was refusing a feeding tube and any kind of long term care. So, it was decided that she would go home and be on hospice and take her chances. My parents went up the weekend after Christmas. I had to see her, so I hopped on a plane on Monday the 28th and went to see her! I got there right after she arrived home. She couldn't move, but she was so happy to be out of the hospital. We all worked together to get her as comfortable as possible. I taught her some swallowing exercises and my mom got her hair washed. We spent the next 4 days keeping her spirits up, feeding her and keeping her company.
I was able to stay up in Park City with The Medeiros! And every morning I would get my kid fix!
I flew home on New Years Eve day. Grandma was getting better at her swallowing and feeling a little bit stronger. I was so glad that I was able to be there and help and cheer her on. I hope she beats this and we get to keep her a little longer. I loved this bonus time that I got to spend with loved ones.






No comments:
Post a Comment