Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Jackie's WDW Birthday! "the one where we got Covid"!

 So, I was sitting on the couch the week after Gavin got married and the same week Cali was moving to Utah and I was watching the 49ers get killed.  I got a text from Jackie telling me that she knew I was having a rough week, losing 2 kids and my team sucking, so would I like to join her for her birthday to Walt Disney World with the girls, all expenses paid?!?!
Um, Heck Yeah I do!
So, on Thursday 12/3, Yvonne and Vicky met at my house and we drove to Pacific Palisades and stayed at Jackie's beautiful home.  We went to bed at a decent hour after hanging out in the bar with Josh.  I felt like a princess sleeping in her pretty guest room and woke up on Friday morning with butterflies in my tummy for the upcoming weekend!
We left around 8 AM and jumped on the jet and made a 3 hour pit stop in Dallas to look at houses (mansions!).  The Pack family is moving to Dallas and Jackie neede our help picking out their new home!

As always, flying on the jet is a dream.  No rules, no masks, a nice restroom and it is catered!  While in Dallas, we toured 3 beautiful homes.  The first one was too much, the last one wasn't enough and the 2nd one was just right!  It was also the most expensive one!  Sorry Josh!  So, after our home tour, we jumped back on the plane and headed to Orlando!
We checked into the Four Seasons "Grand Suite" and Janet was waiting for us there!
We had a late dinner at the Hotel and then hung out in our rooms for a bit.  I roomed with Janet and it was so much fun getting caught up with her.  She is so much fun.
On Saturday, we had breakfast with Minnie, Mikey and Goofy at the Hotel and then started our day with VIP access to the Magic Kingdom!







The VIP treatment is pretty amazing.  We have our own guide and own entrances to most of the rides.  We just walk right on!  We were done with all of the rides Jackie wanted by 1 ish.  We did a little shopping on Main Street and got matching ears and t-shirts!
We left the Magic Kingdom and were shuttled to Animal Kingdom!
We ate the most delicious lunch and then headed to Dino Land.  We rode the Dinosaur ride and then the girls started getting really happy because they serve alcohol here!  After Dino Land, we headed to the new Pandora land.  Wow !  This place is so cool!  All of my good pics are the photo album I made, so I only have a few in my own for this post.  But it was so cool!  And the 2 rides there were so cool too.  I especially loved the "Flight of Passage".

There wasn't a whole lot more to do at Animal Kingdom, and it was dark and we still had some time before our dinner reservations at Disney Springs, so we headed back over to the Magic Kingdom to see all of the lights!
It was magical!  We danced up and down Main Street and took sweet pics in front of the tree and castle.


s
Last time I was here, you couldn't walk through the castle.  But this time you could!  And the mosaics on the walls were my favorite!

Small World was our last ride of the night.  Such a fun day at WDW!

We raced back to the hotel and got all pretty'd up and went to a fancy wine bar in Disney Springs.  It was late, so we just ordered a bunch of appetizers and the ladies drank until we shut the place down!  When we got back to the hotel, it was right at Midnight on 12/6-
Happy Birthday Jackie!!

We were up late!  It was Jackie's Birthday!  But we were up early in the morning to decorate the suite before she woke up, to surprise her!



She loved it!

Her hairdresser, Deniel also came on the trip and did all of our hair that day.  We all put on our matching shirts and ears for the special day back at WDW!

First stop of the day was Hollywood Studios!  We had our wonderful VIP guide, and I can't remember her name, dangit!  But she was really nice!  We started the day with the Rock n Roller Coaster and tried to ride the new Mickey and Minnie Runaway Railway, but it broke down.  So, we ventured over to Toy Storyland and rode the rides there.  My favorite was the Slinky Dog coaster!  

Then we ended our day at Galaxy's Edge and Star Tours!  We weren't able to get on Rise of the Resistance and I was bummed, but we still had so much fun!





Once again, we needed to be done with Hollywood Studios by 2, because Jackie's favorite thing to do is go "Around the World" at Epcot!  So off to Epcot we went.  We started with lunch in Mexico, followed by a Christmas parade with Santa.  Then we went on Soarin', before heading around the rest of the world!





These guys drank at every country and we had a little dinner in France!  I got yummy snacks at each place and we ended the night in a pub in England.  The park closed at 10:30, but didn't leave until almost midnight!  No one tried to kick us out and this is where we planned the next great revolution!  #wineparty


We were literally the last people out of the park.  Getting all of the beautiful drunk ladies out was a challenge, but we did it and it even rained on us!  I failed getting them to the right exit, but we found our car and made it back to the hotel safely and late!!  We stayed up way late into the night and passed out hard!

On Monday, 12/7 we were able to sleep in.  Vicky and I headed down to the spa around 10 for the most amazing massages.  Yvonne and Jackie met us down there.  Janet had to fly home for work.  We spent the day just relaxing at the spa and in the room.  We were all so tired from the crazy, fun weekend. 

That night we had a fancy and amazingly delicious dinner at the Hotel.  Then we came back to the room and had a good old fashion slumber party!  In matching PJ's!  We danced and laughed until the wee hours of the morning!  It was the best!

We had to get up early on Tuesday to head home.  We were all feeling a little under the weather and were so tired!  Our hostess had the best brunch on the flight home for us!  

As we entered the CA airspace, all of our phones lit up with alerts that the Governor had just imposed even stricter public health orders regarding Covid.  Restaurants, Salons, Gyms, etc.  all had to shut down again.  For another 3 weeks!  We were so bummed to be back in CA after enjoying so much freedom in Florida.
But we were happy to be home with our families.  This trip was a dream.  A literal once in a lifetime trip for me.  Not just the things we got to do and see, but the fact that we have been friends for so long and get to make these wonderful memories together.  I am so grateful!
I got home Tuesday afternoon and had the most horrible headache that night.  I was pretty dead on Wednesday, but just attributed it to the lack of sleep from the weekend.  Thursday morning, I got the text from Jackie, informing us that she and Josh tested positive for Covid!
I took the day off of work and got tested.  And it came back positive.  Vicky & Yvonne tested positive too.  They went and spent the week in quarantine with Jackie, but I stayed home and quarantined with the family.  I felt fine.  Just tired and bored.  I did lose my sense of taste and smell.  But only for a few days.  Luckily, no one in the family or the Bronsons got sick.  That was my biggest worry.  Jackie, Josh, Yvonne and Vicky all ended up just fine, as well.  Just mild symptoms.  I ended up getting all of the Christmas shopping done and the house decorated.  I ended my quarantine the day Cali flew home for Christmas (12/20).
Phew!  What an experience!  One we will never forget, for sure!




















No comments:

Post a Comment