Saturday, June 12, 2021

Grandma

  

On Tuesday, 4/6/2021, my sweet Grandma Gerry left this world.  Over the Easter Weekend, she started to decline and died in her sleep.  She had accomplished everything she set out to do and was finally ready to go home.  My heart broke.
But I also know that there was a great celebration in Heaven that day!  She is reunited with her sisters and family who have gone on before her.  I am just so sad for the rest of us.  She is so missed already.
Aunt Barbara was quick and got the funeral scheduled for that Saturday, 4/10.  Jeremy and I made arrangements and flew out Friday afternoon.  
We flew to Provo and Cali picked us up.  Then we went to dinner at her favorite burger place.  
We stayed at Colby and Kenz's again.  They were in Hawaii, so we got the house to ourselves.
We were up early on Saturday, grabbed Chloe and Cali and made the long drive to Logan for the funeral.  We had to stop and get doughnuts on the way though...

So we were actually a little late, but got to the church just in time for the family prayer at the end of the viewing.  I got to see Grandma, just for a moment before they closed the casket.  She really looked beautiful.  My cousins and I kept joking how mad she must be at all of us, because she did NOT want a viewing!  But she also must have loved how pretty she looked.
I was asked to give the "Life Sketch".  And I was both honored and really scared.
It was a short and sweet service and my cousins all gave beautiful musical and verbal tributes.


Following the service, we drove to the Millville Cemetery.  She chose to be buried near my cousin Jared, so that family could visit her too.  Jeremy and Mark joined my cousins as pall bearers...


It was an absolutely clear and beautiful day!  And my daddy gave the Dedicatory Prayer.

That was hard for him.  He loved his Mother.

No one wanted to leave right away.  We all just hung out and talked and hugged.  She was the most loved Grandma!  I am so glad we could be there.

We also visted Jared.
The Relief Society put on a delicious luncheon afterwards...

I was a little bummed that there weren't any funeral potatoes or jello concoctions.
It was a lovely day!  But I miss her so much.  I am going to try so hard to be just like her.  Just love everyone, make sure they know it and be as strong and feisty as I can!
Here's a few pics that I love of Grandma and my dad...














 

























































No comments:

Post a Comment