When Luke got his travel info for the mission, He got to choose whether to fly to Utah and get dropped off, or have us drive him up. He chose for us to drive him. So, on Tuesday morning, the 29th of March, we loaded up the minivan and drove straight through to Provo. It was a long, difficult drive. We could only listen to church music and Luke was silent the whole drive. I could tell how nervous and anxious he was. We checked into a hotel in Provo that night, when we arrived. And he immediately went to bed. He didn't want to go anywhere or do anything and we had pizza delivered to the room. I was so worried about him, but he wouldn't talk to us. I just prayed hard all night and hardly slept.
The next morning, he wouldn't get up and get ready. We were supposed to have him to the MTC by 1:45. And we needed to check out of the hotel by noon. I was able to finally get him up and in the shower. We barely made check out at noon. But, we did. We were supposed to meet Chloe, Christian, Carter, Kaitlyn, Sarah, Isaac and the kids at Chick fil A for lunch and so that they could tell him goodbye. But when we got there, he wouldn't get out of the car. So, Cali, Brody and I went in and had lunch with everyone and explained that he was too anxious to come in. They totally understood.
Then, Jeremy came in and told me that Luke needed to talk to me. I went out to the car and he just totally let everything out. I told him that he didn't have to go. That we could call the MTC and tell them that he isn't ready. I told him that it was ok to change his mind. I told him that I loved him no matter what. And that Heavenly Father loves him too. And that He understands how Luke feels. I hugged him hard! And then, he was ok. Like really OK. He just needed to get it all out. Everything that he had been holding in. And he felt better and ready. I was still worried, but he insisted that he wanted to do this and that he was ready to go. He hopped out of the car to give Sarah & Isaac and the kids hugs before we left for the MTC.















No comments:
Post a Comment