Friday, May 17, 2013

Mothers Day

I LOVE MOTHERS DAY!!!!  
Every year seems to get more special.  I really enjoy the tradition we have started, where I get to spend a special day with my mom the day before.  This year, Cali joined us.  We went to dinner at Outback Steakhouse and then we went to see a youth production of "Beauty and the Beast".  Cali's friend Emily was in the show.  It was a great way to kick off Mothers Day and I love being able to make my mom feel loved and appreciated.  I do absolutely love and appreciate her so much!
Sunday morning, I got to sleep in until 9:00 AM!!!  My awesome family made me this amazing breakfast and brought it to me in bed...
They all had made me special cards-

 And they each had flowers for me...






 Church was extra special.  It was Testimony meeting and I got to share my testimony with my family.  Cali bore her testimony too and said some really sweet things about me and my mom.  All the moms got flooded with flowers and treats.  Then, I got to come home and do NOTHING!  It was AWESOME!  Jeremy had stocked the house with my favorite food.  So, I spent the afternoon snacking away and watching my family cook and clean.  And, we spent some time snuggled up on the couch watching Lord of the Rings & had ourselves a little photo shoot-



The icing on the cake of the day, Cass & Marsh came over for dinner.  They also brought me some delicious guacamole!  I got to give Cass her first baby gift on her first Mothers Day... 

I am so happy for her and her family.  She is going to be the best mommy!  And I am so happy I get to be a "Grand Nanny"!  We enjoyed a yummy steak dinner, made by Jeremy and Cali.  Then we had some amazing chocolate chip, toffee & caramel brownies for dessert. 
I absolutely basked in all the love and happiness of this day.  I am truly grateful that I get to be a mom and that I have been so blessed with a beautiful family.



No comments:

Post a Comment