Aug 4th - 7th 2013
Yep! It was our 10th year! And we realized that 4 days is not enough. Next year we're going bigger, better, longer! We returned to our favorite site at South Carlsbad State Beach, with Nana, Papa, Heather, Scrac & Meish.
I really wanted to make yummy camping food this year. So I took to Pinterest and got some ideas and we ate deliciously! Our first night (Sunday), we had our classic foil dinners.
AND Brody and Luke had cereal (Doh!)
Daisy has never made it through a whole trip with us. But this year, she did awesome! She loved camping!
The Sunset on our first night...
We actually decorated our site a little this year, which was fun and we finished off our first night with s'mores! Yummy!
I snuck this shot...I love it...and love them...
A new addition to our camping trip-nightly ukulele serenades:
And we got a visit from our favorite paramedic (EMT)-
Day 1 - Monday Morning
I wanted to try and make as may gluten free meals for Nana as possible. This scramble (eggs, potatoes, peppers, onions, bacon & avocado), was AMAZING!
And you could even roll it up in a tortilla for a delicious breakfast burrito-
Good Morning!
Monday was a fun day. It was just us and Nana, Papa & Heather. The kids spent most of their day here-
Hat Buddies-
I love my kiddos and how much fun they have together...
The kids got tired of being down at the beach & Heather came to the rescue with paint markers. They painted rocks! Yay!
These 2 were a powerful grilling team....Grilling BBQ Chicken for dinner-
We grilled corn & I boiled some in sea salt....so, so goooooood!
For dessert, pineapple upside down cakes made in the fire pit! Mmmmmm!
The weather was perfect! We love camping near the turn-around, so the kids can just ride around all night, real close.
We had a "serious" game night with Papa. Uno & Headbands.
Our ukulele performer of the evening...
We Love Camping!!!!
Day 2 - Tuesday
So, I wanted to make cinnamon rolls in oranges. They were so good, but these 2 were not fans...
But Cali was!
And look who joined us for the day-
Good Morning- AGAIN!
Our set up for the day...
Scrac & Meish were here to play all day...YAY!
BOO!
These 2 played so cute together...
Cali & Gavin even went surfing with daddy...
I totally slacked off and didn't even get a picture of them getting up (bad mom)...but look how cute she is with her board-
Cali ate this entire piece of watermelon...
and then wore it as a hat!
Scrac too!
For dinner, we made camping pizza. You can't tell by Luke's face but it was really yummy and he loved it! Really, he did!
My Laurels came down and joined us for the evening. We made s'mores again and played Catchphrase.
The last sunset...
Nana broke out the glow thingys for the last night..
And we made Jiffy Pop over the fire. It was gross...but it looks cool!
We woke up our last morning to these guys swimming by...
It was cool and overcast. Perfect breaking down weather!
But we were sad to leave...
Daisy didn't even want to leave...
It was another great trip! This is one of my favorite traditions. Can't wait for next year!
To see all the pics....Click HERE.
No comments:
Post a Comment