This past weekend, Jeremy and I ran away!
I was looking to rent a cabin in Big Bear for his birthday, but that weekend was booked. So, the guy who owns the cabin we liked emailed and asked if the first weekend in February would work for us instead. At first, I didn't think it would because it was Super Bowl Weekend. But when my 49ers didn't make it (ROBBED!!!), I quickly emailed him back and said YES! That would work just fine. It was so much work to get all the logistics worked out with the kids. This is the first year that it was so complicated with all the different schools, starts times and activities. But, I got it all worked out and after dumping the kids and dog in Fallbrook Friday afternoon, we headed out!
We made great time and got to our cabin in Sugar Loaf with no worries. It was so cute and in a quiet little neighborhood. We just watched tv and relaxed and I slept so good.
We didn't get to sleep in that much on Saturday. I had to be up at 7:30, so that I could book our August beach trip. AND I DID!! Woo Hoo! Got the campsite booked with no delays...bam! Done in 1 minute! I was stoked. So, then we just laid around all morning til our tummies started grumbling. We headed into town and wanted to check out the Grizzly Manor Cafe. It was very crowded and the wait was long. We were going to head somewhere else, but the waitress said we had to wait because we would regret it if we left. So, we waited and it did not disappoint! The food was amazing. Here's Jer with his breakfast, The Mess. Yep. That's what it was called. And you couldn't ask what was in it. That's the rule. It ended up being eggs, onions, tomatoes, chilies, cheese and hashbrowns all mixed together. It was so good. I had just boring old eggs, bacon and hash browns. But it was so yummy and I ate the whole thing! I usually never eat all my food. Grizzly Manor got 2 thumbs up for sure!
After breakfast, we decided to take a nice little walk along the bridge over Big Bear Lake and walk off our big breakfast....
There wasn't a whole lot of snow, but it was still freezing out. The lake was so pretty and iced over. But my face was so cold, so we headed back to our nice warm cabin and this is what we did all day-
We read, napped and watched tv. So lazy, but so awesome! Just what we needed!
Sunday, we got to sleep in. And then we headed in the village to find food. We decided to do lunch instead of breakfast today. We found Jasper's Smokehouse and filled our tummies with delicious BBQ-ness-
And I love any place that serves your drinks in a mason jar-
We walked around the village and played in some of the stores...
But once again, I was freezing and we decided that we would actually watch the Super Bowl. I was not excited at all about the game (The Orange team played the Green & Blue team), but I wanted to see the commercials and the half time show. The game sucked! The commercials were ok and Half Time was awesome. I'm really glad we were away from everything....
By Sunday night, I was feeling very lazy and starting to get a little bored. So when we woke up Monday morning, I was ready to get back to reality (I think...). We cleaned up our little cabin and I wanted to take some pics to remember it, because it was so cute!
We took our time heading out. We stopped for another delicious breakfast at the Grizzly Manor. This time Jeremy got The Blob and I got The Gummy. Once again, it was so yummy! ( Hey! That Rhymes!)
We filled out a business card and added it to all the other ones on the wall...
Then we headed home (Boo Hoo...).
The drive down the mountain was beautiful...
We didn't do anything! It was such a wonderful weekend. It was so needed and now I feel ready to jump back into the craziness of life! I love getting away with Jeremy....we love our #nohurriesnoworries weekends!





























No comments:
Post a Comment