Saturday, May 3, 2014
Saturday was a crazy, busy day! But at 4:00 PM, the best thing took place! We made it to the church and got everything all set up...
Brody was so excited. He has been looking forward to this for a long time. We talked a lot prior to this day about the importance of baptism. He really wanted to take this step. He told me that he wanted all the bad things he'd ever done washed away. He told me he wanted to be like Jesus and Choose the Right. He truly understands what this day means. And I am so proud of him. Look how happy he is-
The whole program was perfect! His grandmothers gave the prayers, his Papas were the witnesses, Gavin and Carter gave the talks, Cali and Chloe sang a song and his Daddy performed the Baptism and the Confirmation. So many of our friends and family were able to be there too. Here he is with his Granny-
We headed back home for a little celebration party! As we drove back home, I asked him how he felt...he said "AWESOME!". Then he told me that he felt so good and happy. (sniff, sniff...)
We had a great time playing with the friends and family back at the house. And he even got some pretty special gifts...
His favorite gifts, were his very own scriptures. He even took them to school today for show n tell. I love this little man. I can't believe my baby is 8! He is one smart, silly, sweet little dude. I know that he will be blessed by his decision to be baptized. It is such an amazing feeling to know that all of my children have made this choice. It gives me hope that they will continue to follow their Savior and continue to make the right choices throughout their lives.
Congratulations Brody Bear! We Love You!
No comments:
Post a Comment