Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Best Day of the Year!

Mothers Day 2015!
I'm going to be honest and admit that I didn't feel like really celebrating this year.  I've had a rough couple of months and feel like I'm not doing too good in the Motherhood department.  But what I realize is that, no matter what, I love being a mother.  More important,  I love being the mom of these kids.  They are my everything!  
And this Sunday, they really made me feel loved right back...
 My Breakfast in Bed view...
 The morning started with a migraine.  But I got up, snuck downstairs and took my medicine.  I climbed back in bed and around 9:00 AM, the kids came up with the wonderful eggs, bacon and hashbrown breakfast.  AND their cards!  I love their cards!  
I came downstairs and saw the vases of flowers and I felt so loved and happy.  Then, the phone rang.  It was Tom Hogan, Graham's Grandpa (Marshall's Dad).  Him and Heidi were down for the weekend watching Graham, while Cass and Marsh went on a little getaway to New York.  Well, Cass & Marsh's plane was diverted due to a medical emergency.  Not theirs, thank goodness.  But, they were stranded in Indianapolis.  Tom and Heidi had to catch their own plane to Utah, so they brought Graham to me!  YAY!!  Best Mothers Day Ever!
He was so dang cute and went to church with us.  We loved having him with us and I loved seeing Brody sing the Mothers Day songs with the Primary.  Graham went to Nursery, no problem and made Cass her first Mothers Day card (homemade).  I got to enjoy YW and then we all came home and rested.  Cass and Marsh made it safely back and came to get their little man.  Cass loved her card.  They were so tired from their long day, so they didn't hang out.  I was kind of bummed,  I wanted more Hogan time!  But I felt good knowing I could help them out and so happy that I got to see them all!
The rest of the afternoon was filled with food and presents!
 I got a yoga mat, yoga dvd and a couple of movies that I love!





But this is my favorite.  The "Family Love".  We just sat on the couch, talking and snuggling and then we watched "Ever After" and "The Secret Life of Walter Mitty".
Jeremy made me an amazing BBQ Steak dinner and chocolate covered strawberries for dessert.  This is the best day of the year.  I can do this Mom thing.  I can do it right!  I will love these 4 forever and I will do my best to make sure they feel it and know it!  I thank my Father in Heaven every day for letting me be a Mother!  Happy Mothers Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment