I don't even know how long we have been waiting for this day to come. I do remember the whole family gathered around the laptop, the morning after Thanksgiving 2014, to watch the 30 second teaser trailer for Star Wars VII The Force Awakens. We cried, got goosebumps and watched it over and over that whole weekend. That prompted me to get the kids (and myself), tickets to Celebration for Christmas last year. We were able to attend that in April and had our minds blown multiple times over all the new Star Wars excitement! Since then, we have seen every trailer, tv spot, video game and toy leading up to the release of the movie on Dec 18th. In October, the night tickets went on sale, the internet was crashing from all the people trying to get them. Jeremy just drove down to the theater and bought tickets for the very first showing at 7:30 PM, Thursday Dec 17th! And then we waited...
Thursday came and right after seminary, Gav headed to the theater to get in line for seats. He was the first one there!!!!
I ran and got us provisions for the day...
When I got there, the line had grown to about 10 people. But my Bug was the first! We had a great day hanging out with our new line family...
I had crayons and another girl had stickers. So, we decorated the sign...
One of our new friends brought a tv & Playstation 4 and we watched the original trilogy and played Battlefront...
Around Noon, this guy showed up!
It was his birthday, so of course, we let his group join us at the front of the line. We had so much fun watching our kids hang out and get to know each other...
Pretty sure little Gavin Michael has a crush on Cali...
And how cute is my Angel!!!
It was a crazy afternoon. The theater really wasn't prepared for the crowds. (Duh!) We almost lost our front of the line status, when they made a new line without telling us. But our line family made sure that didn't happen. I had to run and pick up kids from school and come back. Luke had Exhibition that night and Jeremy went and grabbed him early and barely made it back in time as they let us in the theater around 6:30. (Side note; I had emailed his teacher and told her we had tickets to an early screening of the movie. I asked her if we could grab Luke early from Exhibition. This after she had just sent an email telling families that all kids had to be there the whole time-madatory. I was worried what she would say. I got an email back from her saying of course! That is was for a good cause. And she ended the email with "May the Force be with you"! So great!)
When it was time to be let in the theater, everyone made sure that Gavin was first. Even the employees, because he had been there the longest. We ran and skipped down the hall to Auditorium 7. And we got the perfect seats. "Mid-Mid".
At 7:30, the lights went down and everyone cheered. When the Lucasfilm Logo appeared, everyone cheered. When the Star Wars Logo blasted onto the screen, everyone cheered. When the crawl appeared, it was silent. They have been so good at not letting any story or plot leak, no one actually knew what this movie was about. Goosebumps and tears as we read the crawl, then it began...
It was everything we wanted it to be!!!!
Star Wars is back and we are so happy about it. Although, there was one scene that I knew was probably going to happen and I didn't want it to, but it did. (I will always love you Han Solo...)
It was such a great day and such a fun movie! We made another amazing memory as a family. Can't wait for more!
#thefamilythatstarwarstogetherstaystogether

No comments:
Post a Comment