Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Big Sister Moment...


With kids there are always sweet and funny things that happen that I always want to write down or capture on film, so that I can always remember. This blog thingy has become my journal writing so here goes...
Cali and Luke are only a year and grade apart. She is his protector on the playground. She's always coming home with reports. Today, I was informed that Luke was getting beat up on the playground. Cali ran right over and pushed that kid off of him and made him promise to never touch Luke again or she would punch him! Then she told the noon duty and Luke's teacher what happened. As they were relaying the story to me this afternoon, he said how grateful he was to have his big sister there to look out for him. Then he got teary-eyed when he said that he was going to miss her next year, because she will be on the 3rd grade playground and not with him anymore. Cali immediately ran over to him and hugged him and told him he would be alright, and that it would only be for a year, and then they would be together at recess again. That brought some tears to my eyes. And then Cali told him she would make sure to assign some of her 2nd grade friends to look out for him next year. They would be his "Pretend Big Sister Posse". I love my kids!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute. I got teary eyed too. I love siblings. They are the best! Jerely always looked out for me and made sure that his friends watched over me when he was on his mission. They never told me they were given a name but I am guessing they were the pretend big brother posse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Daniel did that just the other day for Caleb, and it really warmed my heart. So glad to know that Cali is such an awesome big sister!!

    ReplyDelete