Monday, May 10, 2010

MOTHERS DAY ROCKS!

I had a very lovely day this year. It started at 7:30 AM with Breakfast in bed. The kids and Daddy entered the room with the tray full of yummy food and each kid had a bundle of flowers for me. They were so excited and proud of themselves that I didn't even mind being woke up so early!
Once I was finished sharing breakfast in my bed, they brought me downstairs to see all my gifts! My husband is AWESOME! He took all 4 (+1 cousin) to Michael's Friday night and purchased paint and had each of the kids decorate a vase for me. I got to put the flowers they gave me in the vases. It was so sweet and special. Jeremy also got me some of my favorite candy, some pepsi, a can opener (i needed a new one), and "The Blind Side" DVD. Woo Hoo! Then it was off to church! I had the privilege of speaking in Sacrament Meeting. I gave a talk on the power and influence of mothers. I guess I did OK, because I got lots of compliments afterward, and that made me feel good! Plus, my kids' teachers had them make some yummy and adorable gifts in Sunday School, so I came home loaded with "swag"!
The afternoon was nice and relaxing with my in-laws. I got a nap! And then the men BBQ'ed steak for dinner and it was delicious. It was so nice to just hang out together and then my parents joined us for dessert.
The Best Part, was that Adam and Becky and the girls stayed the night and hung out with me all day today too!
It's good to be a mom! Or as Luke said yesterday..."You're not just a mom; You're MY mom!"

All my kids and All my presents! Yippee!

Two of my favorite ladies....My MIL and Baby Clover!

The kiddies enjoying my Chocolate Covered Strawberries-YUM!

Showing off their Big Brother Skills! Aren't they cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment