Sunday, July 11, 2010

Getting educated...


This year, I have taken the opportunity to educate myself more on the importance of our Constitution. I had never FULLY read the Declaration of Independence or The Constitution, until this year. I think I remember studying parts of both while in school, but never REALLY reading through them myself and feeling of their power and truth. To help with things, I am reading the most amazing book-"The 5000 Year Leap". Why everyone in the country has not or is not reading this book is a tragedy. It breaks down the Constitution and the principles that make our country so special in an easy and, again, powerful way. I feel our country is at a cross-roads. I feel if we could get back to the basics our Founding Fathers laid out for us in the first place, we could solve a lot of problems and be back on the right path of being the Special Place we're supposed to be. I highly recommend that ALL people, should REALLY read these special documents and check out the book!

No comments:

Post a Comment