Saturday, July 24, 2010

SDCC 2010 - Day 1:

This year, our first day was Thursday. Usually I get the 4 day passes, but they sold out so fast, I didn't get a chance to! So I bought passes for Thursday and Friday. I didn't want to go alone, so I brought Gav with me! I just have to start by saying, after 7 years of attending SDCC, I have the whole thing wired! And I am so grateful. Comic Con can be a very stressful thing for alot of people. For us, it's a GOOD TIME!

We started our day with "The One Ring.net" panel, to hear the latest news of "The Hobbit" movie. It wasn't as fun as years past, because, well, nothing is happening with the movie. But, we did get down to the Weta booth to hang with the panelists and Gavin dressed as a Hobbit for the day! Here we are at the Weta booth trying out the District 9 Assault Rifle and the Dr. Gordbort's Ray Gun:

Then we headed to the Star Wars Pavillion to hang out with our friends. Gavin was excited to meet Catherine Taber. She does the voice for Padme in the Clone Wars series and also does the voice for Gav's favorite character in the Knights of the Old Republic game, Mission Vao.

My kids have become the best line-waiters. You have to wait in alot of long lines at the Con. Here we are waiting for the Star Wars Force Unleashed II Live Demo Panel:

The game demo was EPIC (that's my new word of the week)! And Gav was one of the lucky few who got to meet the head writer/creator of the game, Haden Blackman.

I got to finish the day with my own time at a panel titled-Geek Girls Exist. Yes We Do! I took Gav to the Child Care room, so that I could enjoy and hour with my fellow female nerds. We spent 11 hours at SDCC! That's our longest day ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment