Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Cali's Mission-San Luis Rey

 We are a family of procrastinators.  I like to think we work better under pressure!  But, yes, Cali has known about her Mission Project for a month.  It was due on Monday.  So, this past weekend, Jeremy finally took her to see her mission, Mission San Luis Rey (Oceanside, CA) and then they went to Michael's to get the supplies needed to build her model.  Except, that Cali was afraid her teacher would give her less of a grade if she used a kit.  So, they just bought stuff they thought they would need and came home to figure it out.  On Sunday, (while I was being lazy), these 2 cut out pieces of foam and Cali spent hours cutting out the arches and windows.  
 They struggled with keeping it together.  The glue Jeremy had bought (foam glue), was not holding.  I kept offering to help and use my glue gun, but he kept turning me down.  Finally, he gave up and let me help.  I had that thing glued together in 30 minutes or less with my glue gun!
 Here is the finished project!
 Yay!  It's all done!  And Cali's Pepper Trees (Truffula Trees), made it extra special!  Oh!  And the top of my Pepsi bottle worked great as the dome :-)!

No comments:

Post a Comment