| Cali's book-it made me cry! |
It just gets better and better! I think this day is truly my favorite day of the year! I had told the kids and Jeremy that they didn't have to make me breakfast, because we have 9 AM church. They freaked! NOOOOOOOO! We have to! So, at 7:30 AM on Mothers Day Morning. My beautiful family came in singing "Happy Mothers Day to you" (with Luke playing the kazoo...) and brought me a lovely breakfast that we all shared on my bed! Everyone had made me a card, and brought me little presents they made at school.
Then they gave me a box with a bracelet in it. It had my birth stone bead on it and then I was told I had to go on a scavenger hunt to find the rest of the beads. Each bead was the birth stone of everyone in the family. The clue was that each bead would be where that person spends the most time. So, of course, Brody's was near the Wii, Gavin's was on the computer chair, Luke's was next to the laptop, Cali's on top of a book in the futon room, and Jeremy's was on the seat of his car. Here it is:
| I love my bracelet! |
Then it was off to church, where 3 of my favorite former YW (Chanel, Karissa and Emily) were the speakers. All of my kids and Jeremy sang Mothers Day songs and Primary was full of fun, as always! After church, Cali could not wait to present me with another gift-Chocolate Covered Strawberries (Oh Yeah!).
| Soooooooo Goooooooood! |
AND JEREMY SURPRISED ME WITH AN IPAD!!!!!
OK-he didn't actually buy me an IPad. He won a contest and this was his prize....but it's MINE!
| RAD |
I was not allowed to lift a finger the whole day. It was weird. I actually felt lazy and kind of bored. But Jeremy kept telling me that's what I'm supposed to be doing! I spent the whole afternoon eating chips and avocadoes and playing with the IPad. I got to talk to my mommy. She is in Utah visiting her moms (I miss her...). I also got to talk to my grandma Gerry! Jer BBQ'ed ribs for dinner w/ beans and a salad. It was delicious! We ended the day with Chocolate/Caramel covered apple slices and watching our favorite show- "Once Upon A Time".
I LOVE BEING A MOM! I LOVE THIS DAY! I thank my Heavenly Father everyday for sending these blessings to me! YAY for Mothers Day!
...p.s.... My MIL was getting home from Greece on Mothers Day, so we had a little (late) celebration of our own yesterday. She came over and I was able to give her the cards we had for her and a pretty plant and some flowers. I took a picture of what she brought me because it is so special to me. I love this talk given by President Uchtdorf...and she got me the book and some forget-me-not seeds to plant.
She knows me so well and I am so thankful to have her in my life!
No comments:
Post a Comment