Thursday, June 19, 2014

My Grandpa's Hat

Jeremy needed to find an outfit for a Western Themed BBQ he was having for work.  He went over to Michele's and borrowed one of my Grandpa's hats.  When he brought it home, I couldn't help but get emotional.  I miss that man.  I love him so much!  He brought so much joy to my life.  I loved his little western outfits, his belt buckles, his hats.  I loved his laugh.  I miss those hugs and kisses I got for every hello and goodbye.  I miss teasing him.  I miss having him around.  I know he is up there watching over me.  But I wish he was here.  Especially now.  Lyndsey gets married tomorrow.  All the family will be here.  Once again, I know he will be there too.  But I wish he was there in person.  I could totally dance with him and that would be the best thing ever!  Its so crazy that I feel this way and get this worked up, because of a hat.  He just means that much to me.  I miss you and love you Grandpa Preston!!

No comments:

Post a Comment