Monday, June 30, 2014

#utahsummer2014 #efy2014

Saturday June 21st-
I loaded up the car with stuff and 5 kids!  We left around 1:00 PM and headed up to Utah to drop off Carter and Gavin at their first EFY at BYU.  I was exhausted from the busy week and the wedding the day before.  I spent the whole morning packing and getting ready and my head was hurting.  Luckily, we had a nice safe drive to St. George.  
 We arrived at "hotel Francis" around 8:00 PM.  My head was killing me, but I managed to power through and visit with Pam & Duane.  The kids got out their wiggles, swimming at the pool for a couple of hours.  I passed out hard that night and felt so much better when I woke up around 9 AM the next morning.  We ate and got ready and hit the road again, around 11 AM.  We made it safely to Harry & Stella's around 3 PM.  We dropped off our stuff and hopped back in the car for a World Cup Viewing BBQ at the Stanclifts-

 We had a blast hanging out with Bree, Marsh and the gang.  And we had a great time watching the USA vs. Portugal game, until they tied 2-2 at the end.  But we cheered ourselves up back at the Harris home with some fun games of our own...


 We got to bed at a decent hour Sunday night.  We all slept great in the Man Cave.  Monday morning, I got myself and these 2 up and ready so that we could get some food and check them in to EFY.  We had to be at BYU between 11 and 1.  I got them all checked in and dropped off at their dorms by noon.  They were both nervous and excited.
Once I got the boys off, I grabbed the other 3 and our whirlwind week of adventure began!  We headed up to Park City and got in some quality time with Trini!
 We enjoyed some swimming and food at the Ranch Club...


Trini had an appointment with the Sisters, so the kids and I went into Park City to find some dinner- 
 It was such a beautiful night!  We tried to eat at one place, but the kids felt uncomfortable there.  It had a bar setting.  So, we just went to the same place we went to last time-
 And everyone was so happy!  We love Main Street Pizza and Noodles!  And on our way back to the car, we stopped for some pics with Franz-


Tuesday was another fun-filled day.  We drove back up to Park City and grabbed Trini.  We went to Heber and hopped on the Heber Creeper, for a nice relaxing ride down the canyon on the Historic Heber Valley Railroad!  Choo-Choo!


 We even got boarded by a bandit!  He was looking for the money box.  But all he found was a rubber chicken!
 We made a stop at Vivian Park.  It was nice to get out and stretch our legs and get a little wet...
 It was a HOT, but beautiful day...



 I love the scenery we got to see up and down the canyon-



After our train ride, we went back to Kev's and watched "Frozzen".  Trini had never seen it.  I still was not feeling 100% since we arrived in Utah.  So, my beautiful Trini gave me a wonderful massage.  It was amazing and helped me to feel so much better!  And I was so glad, because that night, I was able to feel well for this-

 We met the Harris/Stanclift clan & Kenzie at BYU's South Field to watch Colby and the Men's Soccer Team beat Colorado 2-1!  It was so much fun!
 And I got to see Steve Captain too!
 This kid is the best!  He played an amazing game and played the whole game.  And even though he was probably exhausted, he took the time to hang out with us after the game.

 And these 2 got BYU jerseys!
It was such a great night!  My heart was full and so happy!
On Wednesday ,we said goodbye to our Harris Home and the Man Cave.  We packed up the car and headed for Salt Lake to see these 2-
Their first selfie
 We grabbed Grandma and headed up to Millville to visit the cousins.  Grandma had us stop at Maddock's on the way for lunch.  Oh My GoodNess! This place had the best food and Brody loved that his kids meal came on a frisbee!
 We spent the afternoon swimming and hanging out with most of the cousins and their families.  Only Amanda, her kids and Elise were missing.  Cali fell in love with Eli and they became inseperable-
 Brody and Luke spent the day bonding with Buddy-
 That night, we checked into Aunt Barbara's.  That sweet woman not only let us stay at her house, she made us homemade hot chocolate cake!  Yum!  I love her...

On Thursday, we were able to spend the day with Elise and Amanda's girls!  They are all so sweet! 
We started the day by seeing this awesome movie-
It was so great!  I loved it!  We all went to lunch and then back to the house for a little while.  We got to go see Alex's soccer game and I got to see my cousin Amanda.  I miss her...
She was too tired to play with us, and it was raining, but we took all the kids and went swimming any way!  The rain made it more fun! 









They all had so much fun playing together.  I love all these girls and hope and pray for them everyday!
On Friday, we slept in and left Barbara's.  I was once again, exhausted!  But we drove back to Gramma's for one last goodbye.  We grabbed lunch at our favorite place, Blue Lemon.  Then, we met up at Menchie's with the Cranes!  Cali misses her teacher so much.  I met her mom and the 7 of us spent 2 hours talking!  They are so great!  We miss them...
 We checked into a hotel in downtown Provo that afternoon.  We took much needed showers and just relaxed and watched t.v. for the night.  
 I was up at 6AM Saturday morning.  Because these guys needed to get picked up at 7:00.  They had such a great week.  I saw Gavin first.  As he walked towards me, I could see in his expression that he had a special week.  He almost had tears in his eyes and we hugged.  I am so glad he got to have this experience.  Carter showed up about 10 minutes later.  They both could not stop talking about their week the whole way home!
Yep!  We drove all the way home that day.  It was great!  We grabbed the other 3 kids and got some breakfast at Denny's.  We stopped in St. George for lunch and got to watch Brazil beat Chile in the World Cup match (Vai Brasil!).  We made it home by 7:00 PM!  I was so happy to be home.  What a week!!!  For all of us!  I am so glad that I was able to get these boys to EFY.  I know if strengthened their testimonies and impacted their lives for good.  And I am glad I got to spend some special time with loved ones and create more memories!









No comments:

Post a Comment