June 17, 1970
June 17, 2020
It has been months of planning and organizing with my brothers, but we made something special happen for our parents on their 50th Wedding Anniversary. It was difficult with Covid Restrictions and also because my brothers have not been communicating for a couple of years. I wanted to throw a huge party. But Covid killed that idea. I thought a dinner in the backyard and a vow renewal would be fun, but that didn't work out either. Then, both Mark and Shawna suggested a Hot Air Balloon Ride! I jumped at the chance because they both had the same idea! Shawna booked it and Mark made sure they had that night free. The night before I made an awesome card and sent them a text telling them where to meet and what to wear. The picture above is when they were leaving for the meeting point. I put together a little snack bag and drinks and off they went!
They loved it! They got a nice sunset ride through beautiful Del Mar/ Carmel Valley. They didn't get done until 8:45, and all of the restaurants close early due to Covid. So I got Red Lobster take out and decorated the "beachy condo" all cute, so they could have a surprise anniversary dinner when they got back. Cali, Jeremy, Mark and I worked together to make it look just perfect!
Mom texted that night and said it was like walking into a Hallmark movie. I knew we had done good when she said that. I am just so happy we could make a special day for them. They deserve it! 50 years of marriage is a huge accomplishment and they have been such wonderful parents and examples to me. Happy Anniversary Mom and Dad. We Love You!









No comments:
Post a Comment