Tuesday, June 16, 2020

June 11th, 2020

This week has been a roller coaster of emotions.

The country is torn apart by COVID restrictions and the political/civic/racial unrest happening.  Today, things seem to be calming down a little on both fronts.  But it is all so frustrating!  I keep trying to keep a postive attitude.  Today I am finding it hard. 
On Tuesday, the beaches opened up the parking lots.  We headed down early and I am so glad we did.


  It got so crowded.  But we enjoyed a beautiful day with cousins and I loved every minute of it!  That night, I was able to go out with my SOTW group so that we could have one last visit with Julie before her family leaves to serve as mission presidents in the Phillipines, Manilla mission.  I love them so much and we had so much fun being together again.
But then-
 Yesterday, we found out that BYU-Hawaii will NOT be opening up to students for Fall.  Courses will be offered online.  Cali is heartbroken.  I am pissed!  That's about the only way I can explain my feelings right now.  When I heard the news, I was driving and I just broke down.  I yelled, cried, prayed.  What the heck?!  I came home and put a brave face on for Cali, but it was hard.  We didn't have too much time to think about it though.  We hopped in her truck and headed down to the pier for a YW bike ride.  It was just what we needed.
Then, Sarah, Isaac, Eli, Chloe and Carter came over to hang out.  We all had so much fun playing with Eli and being together.  That also helped cheer me up.
But today, I woke up so down.  So blue.  So incredibly frustrated with everything!
We are heading to the Ranch today to celebrate Papa's birthday when Cali gets home from work.  That should be fun too.
I just had to get on here and get stuff out.  Things are so weird right now and I am having the worst time navigating through.



No comments:

Post a Comment