Friday, June 5, 2020

Quarantine Part 2

Day 61:  Wednesday 5/13
I was trying to keep all my entries under one blog posting, but I guess I either hit publish or blogger was telling me that the post was too big.  Plus, I never thought we'd still be on lockdown this long.  So, I'm a little bummed, but here we go with Part 2 and hopefully it will be shorter than Part 1.  Today was a good day.  Hailee was great.  The kids were great.  I got some grocery shopping done and Jeremy worked from home.  The only thing that is upsetting me today, is my bladder.  I think I may have a bladder infection.  If it is still bothering me tomorrow, I may need to go to the Dr.  That would really suck.  I did get a nap today and that was awesome!  I made a yummy dinner and Gavin spent the evening up in Murrieta.  After dinner, Cali, Luke, Brody and I had a Zoom YM/YW Meeting.  We played charades and it was fun.  Only about 5 kids attended, but it was still fun.

After the Zoom, we came downstairs and watched The Mockingjay Part 1.  Brody read the books this year, so we are watching the movies.  That's it for today.  Pray I don't have a bladder infection or anything worse!

Day 62:  Thursday 5/14
Slow Day.
It was a very slow day.  Luckily, I was feeling better, but I was oh so tired, because I slept awful!  Also, Hailee was way tired too, so it worked out in my favor.  I was able to get some chores done and when Cali came home from work, we took a little drive to Chick fil a.  It was nice to get out of the house for a bit.  Hailee fell asleep on the way back and took a nice nap.  Which was also nice for me.  We watched Wall-E and it was crazy to see some great parallels in the movie to what is happening right now. 
 One of my favorite lines comes from the captain when he yells, "I don't want to survive!  I want to live!"  That's exactly how I feel!  Also while Hailee was sleeping, Brody got all signed up for his classes for High School!  Oh my gosh!  I made a whole bunch of yumminess for dinner and Ramos came home with Gav from work.  It's always fun when he comes over.  They were all out on the trampoline again most of the night.  While they were out there, Cali, Jer and I watched Mirror Mirror.  Then I went to bed at a decent hour!  So yay!

Day 63:  Friday 5/15
Happy Friday!
I woke up feeling great and it was a beautiful day!  My dad came over around 9 and was trying to get some computer problems fixed.  Hailee and I played upstairs to stay out of his way.  Then at 11:45, I grabbed Hailee and Brody and we hopped in the car.  The Airforce Thunderbirds were doing a flyby over San Diego today to thank/honor Frontline workers.  When we were about to back out of the driveway, Carter pulled up.  So  I yelled at him to get in the car and come with us, so he did!  We drove to Brody's school in San Marcos because it was right on the flight path.

 We waited for about 20 minutes and then we heard them and then we saw them-

It was so cool!
We stopped and got everyone In N Out for lunch and headed home.  Brody had a telephone meeting with his HS counselor to go over his classes.  Then we spent the afternoon jumping on the trampoline.



Carter left around 2 and I took Hailee for her walk.  I tried to get her down for a nap while watching 101 Dalmations, but she wasn't having it!  So, she jumped some more and we got in some splash pad time.  After Hailee left, we got Panera for dinner.  Then Chloe came over and we watched the Barbie movie, Princess and the Pauper.  The kids also finally played the new Star Wars board game I got them, Escape from the Death Star.  It was a really good day!
So, most of our missionary friends have received their re-assignments. Christian found out yesterday that he is being reassigned to Morristown, NJ, but not until September!  Daniel has been reassigned to Reno, NV, reporting in late June.  Riley Woolf will be serving in Riverside, CA!  Arriving in late June, as well.  And Harrison found out that he will be reporting to the SLC West mission at the end of June.  It's crazy!  But I know the Lord is doing His best to make sure these missionaries are going when and where they need to be.
Gavin has headed up to Murrieta again to spend the weekend with Kristin's family.  I'm hoping to get in some beach time this weekend!   Good night!

Day 64:  Saturday 5/16
I slept great and was up at 8.  I got up and headed to the store.  We were completely out of everything.  This was the first time since this all began that the store was actually fully stocked!  Everyone has to wear face masks when out in public (unless exercising) & stay 6 ft away from each other.  The new normal.  It makes being out so weird and not fun.  But I was able to get everything we needed.  When I got back home, Jeremy had already been working for 3 hours and needed a break.  So we hopped in his car and headed to the beach.  He surfed for an hour while I walked.  It was the best thing ever!


Everyone is being so good at the beaches.  Following the rules.  Hoping we get rewarded and are allowed to go and just relax and enjoy it fully soon.  I felt so good and recharged when we got home.  I was able to get a bunch of chores done and relax with a new book, The Giver of Stars.  So far I can't get into it.  Cali spent the day at Hannah's and Gavin is spending the weekend at Kristin's.  Once Jeremy was done with work, we grabbed the boys and headed to the compound for a BBQ.  Brian got a new smoker and made the most delicious pulled pork and beans.  Cali met us there and the Joneses were there too. It is so nice to be able to hang out with friends again.
Cali left early with the boys, while Jeremy and I stayed way late.  It was a great day!

Day 65:  Sunday 5/17
I got up and had a little headache.  So I went downstairs and made some waffles and took some medicine.  Jeremy had a ward council meeting at 9:00 AM and then we all gathered around the computer at 10:00 to watch the Fallbrook 5th Ward's Zoom meeting.  The Ballif's gave a Devotional/Farewell.  It was awesome!
I love this family!
My headache was not going away, so I headed upstairs to lay down for an hour or so.  I felt much better when I woke up.  The kids have been spending their Sunday mornings watching re-runs of Studio C.  Once I came downstairs, Luke and Brody prepared the Sacrament and we were all able to take it.  I love that it means so much to them and that they are able to do this for us each week at home.  We are truly blessed!  We got changed and grabbed food and headed over to the Ranch for our weekly visit & dinner.  I had purchased some new Star Wars pool floaties and broke them in!
 It was such a beautiful day and I loved lounging on the Millenium Falcon in the pool!
 The kids had fun playing scrabble-
We BBQ'd carne and pollo asada and watched tv.  It was a nice night with the family.  As far as COVID, our county has experienced it's first 24 hours of 0 deaths.  New cases each day, but that is because more and more people are getting tested each day.  But no new deaths!  We are holding strong at 209.  Although, we are finding out that that number might actually be lower.  The County Health Dept is reviewing all deaths and finding that alot of them weren't really caused by COVID.  They are saying that so far, only 6 deaths can truly be attributed to COVID.  Foreign leaders are warning their countries that COVID is just part of our lives now and we just have to live with it until and if a vaccine or treatment is ever found.  I have to agree.  Everyone wants to get back to their lives and jobs.  We will see what this week holds.  Even though I have crummy days and murmur and complain, I do know how extremely blessed we are.  And I am very grateful.  Gavin is home, kids are heading to bed and so am I.  Hoping and praying for good news this week!

Day 66:  Monday 5/18
Day off!
Yep!  I had the day off!  Hailee is getting potty trained.  I slept in a little and just took my time getting up this morning.  At 10, I picked up Rhiannon and we went for a nice long walk on the beach.  I am her ministering sister and she's been cooped up at home for weeks!  It was so beautiful down there this morning and we walked for well over an hour. 
 We got Yellow Deli for lunch on the way home.  I spoiled her and it was my pleasure.  She deserves it!  I was so happy and having such a good day, and then I got hit with a dumb headache.  I took some medicine and went in my room and laid down.  But instead of sleeping, I finished watching The Last Dance (MJ Documentary).  It was awesome and I just miss sports so much.  My head was still hurting, so I did sleep for an hour or so and felt so much better when I woke up.  I took a little walk and sent a marco polo to Tash.  I also spent much of the day thinking about and praying for Cindy.  Trini texted me this morning to let me know that she was missing.  She's been drinking and disappearing.  They found her this afternoon in the hospital.  She's back at her mom's, but who knows how long she will stay there.  It is the saddest thing ever and my heart breaks for all of them.  Jeremy worked a very long day from the garage.  Luke & Brody spent the day doing school work and playing video games.  Cali got lots of college stuff done and scholarship apps submitted.  Gav had a good & busy day at work and brought Ramos home with him again.  I made a nice dinner and the boys all went outside to jump on the trampoline for a couple of hours.  Cali, Jeremy and I watched Hidden Figures.  Jeremy actually went up to bed around 9:30.  He never does that.  I'm trying to get the boys to go to sleep, so that I can go to sleep!
As far as updates, still 0 deaths in the last few days in the county.  And still only 6 real COVID deaths at all.  The Mayor and County Supervisors are pleading with the Governor to let us open up!

Day 67:  Tuesday 5/19
Another Day Off!
Woohoo!
I was going to get so much done today and then, meh!  Nope.  I did get to go to Target with Cali.  I wore my new shirt that John Krazinski's daughter drew and they teamed up with Pepsi to raise money for restaurant workers!  I love it!
And I actually got some things taken care of that I've been putting off like my life insurance policy.  Jeremy was working from home again, boys were doing school all day and Cali went to work in the afternoon.  I did some chores and read my book.  I'm starting to get into more.  In the afternoon, Jeremy got bored and pumped up the tires on our bikes.  He was riding around the house, so I headed outside and joined him.  We decided to go for a ride to the school.  It was so much fun.  Just him & I riding around the school parking lot and back.  I miss riding my bike!  And then when we got back, I got a stupid headache again!  Argh!  I didn't feel up to cooking, so Jeremy got us Chick fil a for dinner and everyone was happy.  Then we all snuggled up on the couch and watched The Mockingjay Part 2.  Ugh.  That movie is hard to watch.  But now we've watched them all.   I have really enjoyed having these 2 days off.  It has been a nice break.  I checked in with Meish and she says Hailee is doing great with the potty training, so she will be here tomorrow.  Wish me luck!

Day 68:  Wednesday 5/20
Almost done??
We are still waiting for the Governor to approve San Diego County's accelerated re-opening plan.  Hopefully that will happen by this weekend and that may include full opening of the beaches!!  Fingers crossed!  But any way, today Hailee was back and Meish was right!  She is a potty champ!  She only had 1 accident and got herself to the bathroom every other time.  I hope it stays this way!  It made for a very busy day though.  She went every 10-15 minutes!  But it was nice to have her back and she played so well.  My mom even got her a sprinkler toy and we put it on the trampoline and she had fun jumping in the water.  Brody and Luke finished up early with school stuff today, so she got some time with them too.  We got our walk and she never took a nap, but it was a really good day.  Cali has been gone all day celebrating Alyssa's birthday and making it special for her.  Gav headed to Ramos's after work and the rest of the boys are on the couch teaching Daddy how to play Skyrim on the Switch.  It's pretty entertaining. 

Day 69:  Thursday 5/21
Phase 2 Initiated!
The Governor approved San Diego County's accelerated reopening to Phase 2.  Which doesn't mean much.  Stores and restaurants can open for in person dining/shopping, BUT, with lots of restrictions.  This is getting way old and way out of hand.  But I guess it is better than nothing.  Today was weird and slow.  It was an absolutely beautiful day, but I can't go anywhere while Hailee is potty training.  So we just hung out, spent lots of time in the bathroom and out on the trampoline and watching tv.  The boys had lots of school stuff to do.  Cali went to work and has lots of work also to catch up on.  Jeremy worked at his office today.  When he got home, I was really bummed because I had ruined dinner.  But it turned out that I had some good back ups and we ate really well.  After dinner, I worked out for 30 minutes and took a shower.  That was so nice!  We spent the rest of the night just sitting on the couch doing nada!  It is getting old.  There's only like 10 days of "school" left and I hope we can get out of here and play once it is all done.  Or at least be able to enjoy the beach.

Day 70:  Friday 5/22
I'm writing a few days late and so I'm trying to remember what happened.  I got up early to go grocery shopping, but then realized that the store doesn't open until 8.  So I went right at 8 and got done and home by 8:30 ish.  Hailee showed up and we had a really great day.  She had no accidents!  She is potty trained!  Its pretty awesome.  Jeremy worked from home.  And Cali actually had to work for a few hours.  The boys didn't have alot of schoolwork, so they played alot with Hailee.  She loved it.  I was able to get stuff done and get ready for the weekend.   Around noon, Brody's advisor, Mr. Guy, stopped by to deliver a Promotion sign!  It was cool and Brody was really surprised.  I am so glad that the school made an effort to make the end of the year special.

 Everyone came on our walk and Chloe met us at the school.  So she came over and hung out the rest of the day.  Once Hailee left, Jeremy and I headed to Carlsbad for an Anniversary Weekend getaway!  We checked into the Best Western Beach View Lodge right on Carlsbad Blvd with a great beach view.  We got Las Olas takeout and ate it on the front patio of the hotel and enjoyed the view.
  We spent the night watching HGTV (crack) and just hanging out together.  It was awesome!

Day 71:  Saturday May 23
Jeremy still had to work.  Boo!  But he did get up early and surf.  I woke up around 8 and just relaxed before getting up.  When he got back around 8:30, I got up and walked down to Cafe Topes to get breakfast.  It was closed "until further notice"!  I was so so sad.  So I walked to the Daily News Cafe at the Carlsbad Inn and got us breakfast from there.  I brought it back to the room and we ate it on our balcony.  Then I left and went for a nice long walk down to Oceanside.  It was a spectacular day!  I had my music playing and when I got to St. Malo, I found a nice little spot to sit and watch the waves.  It was magical! 

 The beaches were crowded, but not too bad.  The state beach was being patrolled and the rules of no chairs, tents, etc. were being enforced.  But the city beaches were packed with people in chairs, tents, etc. and the lifeguards and police didn't seem to care.  Everyone was doing a good job of social distancing their groups, so I guess it was ok.  I ended up being gone for 2 hours and got myself a nice little sunburn, since I forgot to put sunscreen on before I left.  
I checked on Jeremy and he was still working, so I grabbed my book and went over to the hotel patio and read while enjoying the ocean view.  This couple came and totally interrupted my reading time, so I got up to go back to the room, just as Jeremy was coming to tell me that he was done for the day!  So he joined me on another walk.  We walked back to St. Malo, found a good spot to sit and I even went for a swim.
That night, we wanted to watch the sunset from the hotel patio, but it was packed with people.  Our rom was on the top floor of the hotel and we found the gate unlocked that went onto the roof.  So we let ourselves in and enjoyed the sunset from up there.

While we were watching the sunset,  there was this crazy lady dancing along the sea wall.  It was awesome!  And the hotel desk clerk caught us on the roof, because he wanted to watch the sunset too.  But he was cool and let us stay.
After the sun went down, we walked over to Park 101 for dinner.  Unfortunately they had just closed the kithen, so we got take out from-
I was so excited to get lobster roll and slaw!  Jeremy got some lobster/bacon fries.  We took it back to the room and it was so delicious!  We stayed up way too late again watching the "crack".  The schools finally sent their emails out today with the details about graduation/promotion.  Looks like we have some fun things to look forward to in the upcoming weeks!




Day 72:  Sunday May 24
Jeremy went surfing for a long time and had fun!  I slept in until he came back around 10!  Whoa!  And dangit, woke up with a little headache.  But I took my medicine right away and didn't let it stop me!  We got ready and pumped up the tires on our bikes and went on a nice ride south to the cliffs at Carlsbad State Beach.



We took a little rest at the cliffs and then rode back. Another magical day!  I loved riding along the coast!  Harbor fish and chips is right across from our hotel, so we grabbed some takeout for lunch and ate it on the patio at the hotel.
With our full bellies and my head still hurting a bit, we went back to our room and took naps!  I slept until 4 and Jeremy slept until 5!  We watched some more "crack" and then ventured out to the village to find some food.  It was cloudy, so no sunset, and most of the restaurants are still closed up.  But we did manage to get to Park 101 just before they closed the kitchen and got a nice table on the roof!
The view was great and the food was yummy!  We stayed up again, way too late, watching the "crack".  I checked in with the kids and they were doing good.  Gavin was stayin in Murrieta and Cali was holding down the fort with the boys.  She even took my van and went to the Ranch and got them ice cream.  She's like a total grown up now!

Day 73:  Monday May 25
24 YEARS!!
I woke up with a bad headache around 4 AM.  Took my medicine and happily, drowsily woke up around 9.  Jeremy didn't go surfing because it was tiny.  We got up and went for one final walk to our spot at St. Malo.  It was cloudy and cold, so we didn't hang out and just walked back to the hotel.  We had to check out at 11, so we got ready and packed up.  Before heading home, we grabbed some lunch at Harbor House Cafe in Oceanside.  That was the end of our Anniversary Weekend!  We loved every relaxing, beautiful moment hanging out together.  I love our life!  We still like each other alot!  It is awesome!
We grabbed In n Out for the kids and gave them big hugs when we got home.  We had plans to join the Bronsons for a Memorial Day BBQ at the Joneses.  But first, I ran into Mark in the backyard and we had a nice talk getting all caught up on his life.  He's in a really good place and was even re-baptized on Saturday.  I'm really happy for him and hope nothing but happiness for him and his family from here on out.
Then we headed to the Joneses and had ourselves a fun pool party and BBQ to celebrate Memorial Day!

Gav had to work, and we got home around 8.  Ramos was over and we all gathered around the tv and watched our wedding video.  We hadn't watched it in years!  It was so fun to see again and the kids loved it!  I am so grateful for Jeremy and our life and the kids we have been blessed with.   I am also so grateful for those who made the ultimate sacrifice so that I can raise my family in this wonderful country.  What a great weekend!

Day 74:  Tuesday 5/26
PVD!
Man!  I was so tired and out of it!  Luckily, Hailee had partied hard at her grandma's over the weekend so she was out of it too!  So, we had a nice lazy kind of day.  Cali had work and school.  Luke & Brody spent the day doing school.  Jeremy worked from the garage.  And Gav was gone all day at work too.  It was a beautiful day!  Around 11AM, my YW presidency came over and we had a social distancing meeting in the back yard.  Trying to figure out how to send off our seniors and do activities in this werid time is hard!  I hope we can pull off some special things for them and all of the girls to keep them engaged!  Hailee is still doing great with the potty training.  We got our walk in and she even took a nap!  Which meant that I took a little nap too!  Hallelujah!  After Meish left, I made a nice dinner.  After dinner, I went upstairs and watched the new Lance Armstrong 30 for 30.  That guy is such a jerk!  The boys all hung out and watched a movie.  New news - The Governor has allowed Hair and Nail salons to open!  With restrictions of course.  He is also hinting that we should be up and running fully by June.  I really, really hope so!  Hawaii extended their stay at home order through the end of June.  Hoping and Praying it gets lifted then and Cali will be able to go to school in August!

Day 75:  Wednesday 5/27
I'm seriously losing track of days.  I woke up tired, but feeling good!  We had a nice productive day today.  Cali is trying to get all of her college checklist things done and needs to register for classes this Friday.  I took her to the Pediatritian office to get her immunization records and her medicla records transferred to her new doctor.  It is clearly stressful for her to do these new grown up things, but I love seeing her accomplish things and working things out on her own, with just a little bit of my help.  College ID Pic-
  We grabbed Panera on the way home and found Carter hanging out with the boys when we got home.  He hung out most of the afternoon while Hailee and I played and played and played.  Cali continued to get college stuff done.  The boys finished off early and played with Hailee for a bit.  Gav was at work and then Murrieta.  Jeremy worked from the garage and is honestly hating his job right now.  He finished up early and went surfing.  He needed it.  Hailee and I got our walk and she took a nap again!  I was able to go grocery shopping while she was asleep.  After she left for the day, I made a yummy dinner.  Once again, I headed up to watch more 30 for 30.  I finished the Michael Vick one and it was awesome.  Luke, Brody and Jeremy watched their martial arts cartoon.  Cali went to Alyssa's to have a prom.  With both Cali and Gavin out late, I couldn't sleep.  So I came downstiars and watched the "crack" until they came home.


Day 76:  Thursday 5/28
Getting close!
I think I might end this post finally this weekend!  We are starting to edge into Phase 3 with a full re-opening of beaches next week!
Plus, the whole country's focus has shifted.  George Floyd, a black man in Minnesota was killed on Monday by cops.  He was pleading for his life and was suffocated because the cop's knee was blocking his air way.  He was suspected of writing a bad check.  And he died.  Tired of seeing people of color being treated so terribly.  Hoping this wakes us all up and we do better as a country.
Today was a lazy day.  I wanted to do all sorts of stuff, but Hailee wanted to be a home body today.  We did get out for a little outing to the post office and then Walgreen's.  But we didn't even get our walk!  But she was really tired and took like a 3 hour nap!  Which worked out for me because I finished my 6th book-
It was really good!  It started out slow and I had a hard time gettng into it.  But then it took off and I couldn't put it down!  Highly recommend!
After Hailee left, I made another nice dinner for Jer & the boys.  Cali went to Hannah's after work and Gav went to Kristin's.  The boys are watching their martial arts show and I am going to bed early.

Day 77:  Friday 5/29
A Good Day!
I actually woke up feeling way weird!  I slept funny and so I felt funny when I woke up.  But I slowly got up and ready for the day.  Hailee was in a good mood when she got here and we had to take Cali to the Dr. to get a shot around 10.  She has everything she needs to register for her classes, except for one shot.  But when she got to the doctor, it turns out that she did have it!  So no shot was needed.  She was so happy. Escpecially since I had to stay in the car with Hailee and she had to go inside all by herself.  We came home and she spent the rest of the morning getting registered.
 The school hadn't recieved her immunization confrimation yet, so she couldn't confirm her schedule until that was done.  So she waited...
Hailee was a busy bee all day.  She had me doing all sorts of things!  Brody and Luke had a light day of school work, so they got lots of play time in too.  Gav was at work and Jeremy was working in the garage.  Cali headed over to Mission Vista around 1 and picked up her cap & gown, yard sign and turned in her books.  She came home so stoked and happy! 

 The whole family was ready for some fresh air, so we all walked to the school and back.  I threw a movie on when we got back and Hailee fell asleep.  While I was trying to get her to sleep, Cali came running downstairs to announce that she was able to get her schedule confirmed!  She was so excited!  I just keep praying and hoping she gets to go in the Fall.  Ben picked up Hailee early and Jeremy and I got ready.  We had a date with the Bronsons!  Now that we can go out to restaurants again, Brian wanted to try a place in La Jolla.  Cali babysat the girls and off we went. 



 Puesta!  It was a delicious taco place and it just felt so good to be out with freinds again!  We had to wear masks as we entered  and they made us put hand sanitizer on before we sat down.  Menus were paper/disposable.  Our server and all the kitched staff were gloved and masked.  But it didn't matter.  We had a great time. After dinner, we walked down to the cove and watched the sunset.  It was magical!  Then we stopped at Salt and Straw for some ice cream on the way home.  We had to order from our phone outside.  They put the scoops in bowls and and put them in a bag with the cones wrapped up.  So we had to unwrap everything and pour our scoops into the cone.  Totally dumb, but it was delicious.  We ended up hanging out for a little longer at the compund just talking before we headed home.  We talked about the unrest that is happening all over the country.  Brian and I were on twitter watching news reports of riots in many of the big cities.  It is so, so sad.  We as a country, citizens, brothers and sisters, need to do better.  COVID isn't even the focus anymore.  It is a scary world we are living in.  So much anger, hatred and division.  I just keep praying and hoping and I promise to just keep loving.  Everyone.  No matter what.  Here are some thoughts that others shared, that say exactly how I feel.


Day 78:  Saturday May 30
Today was a good day.  I got to sleep in a little and then came down and made a nice breakfast for Brody and Jeremy.  Jeremy had already been up working since 6:15.  I was hoping to get lots of cleaning done today and made some really good progress getting the laundry room deep cleaned.  And then I got distracted and watched the Space X/NASA launch.


  The first commercial flight of astronauts to the International Space Station.  It was so cool to watch.  I made a big pot of homemade mac n cheese for lunch and then, I started to clean the kitchen.  But then I got distracted doing Cali's hair.  She has wanted to dye her hair for years!  We finally got some color this week and I faced my fear and did it!

  It turned out so good!  She was a little shocked and needs to get used to it.

 But I love it!  Once we got her hair done, I was able to finish cleaning the stove vent hood and that's about it.  Also this morning in Utah, Blake and Anthony were married!  I am so sad that I coudn't be there, but I am so happy for them.
  It was now dinner time and Jeremy went to get pizza and I ran to Target to get some things we needed.  While I was gone, Carter and Chloe came over.  They stayed for dinner and played games and watched a movie.  Mark came over too and hung out the whole time.  It was a fun night.  I was up way too late.  Good night!

Day 79:  Sunday 5/31
Last day of May!
I woke up with a headache around 8 and took some meds and went back to sleep until 10!  Jeremy didn't have to work today!  Yay!  But he woke up feeling really yucky and has been sick all day.  I hope he feels better tomorrow, or I'm making him go to the doctor.  We had a slow morning and watched the Falcon X dock with the International Space Station.  I also spent alot of time looking at reports and updates and am so sad that another night of protests/riots/looting had happened all over the US.  The worst in LA.  I read a wonderful talk by President Nelson and I just hope everyone can calm down and try to work together to bring change and fix the system.

Around noon, we all got ready in our church clothes and had church.  It was a great lesson that had special significance to these times we are in right now.  It was a great lesson and the boys were able to administer the Sacrament.  After church, I washed my car.  Got it all nice and clean for the Seminary Drive-Thru Graduation!  We loaded up the car with the family and  headed to the Stake Center at 4.  The Stake put together a cute and quick graduation for the Seniors.  All of the teachers, principals, Bishops and Stake Presidency were there to congratulate them.  It was really sweet!




We are so proud of Cali and the 4 years of early morning Seminary she was able to complete.  And she loved it!  But she is also very grateful to be done!
Then we headed to the Ranch for Sunday dinner and a Gender Reveal!  We went outside and zoomed with Becky and Michael's families and...
ITS A GIRL!!!
So excited for Hailee to have a little sister!  We had a nice dinner and then came home.  Gav had spent his weekend in LA with Ramos and Shawn.  But they made it back in time for the dinner.  We came home after and the boys had a blast playing on the trampoline until past 10!  Cali finished her last high school assignment while I watched a LOTR reunion on YouTube.  I cried.  Jeremy has been up in our room resting and trying to feel better.  I really hope he does!  We have a busy week ahead of us!  Can't believe it's June!

Day 80:  Monday 6/1
So Jeremy was still not feeling well when we went to bed and he was stressed about the fact that he didn't get the trash cans down.  I woke up at 5 AM with a headache.  So I got up and took some medicine and decided that since I was up, I would take the can down.  So, I did and then passed out for 2 hours.  I was so tired when I woke up but my headache was gone.  Hailee arrived and we had a nice slow morning.  She was a little grumpy, but that wore off and we ended up having a really fun day.  Cali worked on decorating her graduation cap and making gifts for her friends.  Luke finished his last assignment of Junior Year!  He is officially done!
Brody worked all day on school work.  Jeremy was feeling lots better and worked from the garage.  He took a little break and helped the Stake deliver food from a food drive to the food bank.  Carter came over around 1 and hung out and played with the boys for a few hours.  Hailee didn't take a nap and I was exhausted when she left.  Gav came home and we were able to all eat dinner together.  I was feeling a little down and tired, so I just went upstars and had some alone time tonight.  There's still protests and riots every night.  President Trump is not handling things well, in my opinion.  He's making more people mad than helping and uniting.  I'm trying to focus on positive and spiritual quotes and images.  I just want it all to end.  COVID has already taken so much from so many.  This unrest is taking more.  But I can also see that it has brought many of us together.  The virus has definitely taken a backseat.  Tomorrow the beaches fully open.  But the parking lots are still closed to keep crowds down.  I'm hoping to spend as much time as possible there as soon as the kids are totally done with school.

Day 81:  Tuesday 6/2
THE LAST QUARANTINE POST!
It is not officially over.  We are in a "modified" phase 3 of a 4 phase reopening.  But I am done!  Too many cool things in our life our coming up and I want them to have their own post.  COVID 19 is still here and will be for the foreseeable future.  We are just going to have to learn to live with it.  I'm ready to get back to living!

Today was busy!  Cali didn't end up working today.  So I got some stuff done!  I was able to go grocery shopping in the morning.  Jeremy worked from his office today.  When I got home, I played with Hailee while the kids got ready for the day.
 Luke is totally done with school.  And Brody had a light day today.  The weather was hot humid and that made me move a little slower today than usual.  But today was 'Take Out Tuesday" & "Blackout Tuesday".  The Blackout was for social media to let everyone post and share ways to help the Black Community, Businesses and Causes.  I posted a ton of Black owned restaurants and that made us hungry.  So we ordered lunch from Felix's BBQ with Soul in Oceanside.  It was delish!  After lunch, I left Hailee with the kids and I went to get some errands run for graduation TOMORROW!!  When I got home, Chloe was here and we hung out and they played games.  Hailee fell asleep and I was able to get more stuff done and start dinner.  Jeremy went surfing after work, so there was no real hurry.  Gav went to Murrieta after work, so it was just me and the 3 littles for dinner.  Jeremy got home around 8:30 and I sat down and made Cali's graduation lei!
 Then I spent the rest of the night cleaning.  Can't believe my baby girl is graduating from High School tomorrow!



No comments:

Post a Comment