Friday, November 23, 2012

A Week Full of Gratitude

This week has been such a wonderful week.  A great week to be thankful for!  The kids were out of school all week and I was off of work.  I was able to spend some time on the house and get it clean and organized. And I was able to do it a little bit each day!  It felt so good!  The kids did not have anything going on either, so we just had nice relaxing days.  We have not had those in a long time.  We did fit in some movie time, playdates and Jeremy and I got to go on a double date with Maya & Dave!
 They have season tickets to the SDSU Basketball games.  It was so much fun!  So grateful for my hubby and great friends!
We also were able to have a nice Thanksgiving FHE.  We watched a nice video about things to be grateful for and then we read our annual Thanksgiving story and wrote down what we were grateful for this year.

Mommy:  family and the fun things we do together; our home; friends; health
Cali:  awesome teacher; family; friends; all the things she's able to do
Brody:  Daisy; family; this world
Luke:  brothers & sister; dog; mommy; daddy; cousins; aunts; uncles; grandparents; trees; water; food; the world
Gavin:  family; food; home; our secure life
Daddy:  wife who loves him; the love in our family; job; to live in this country

THANKSGIVING DAY!
We started off the day with the 5th Annual 10th Ward Turkey Bowl!
And look who showed up:
COLBY!!!
He called me on Wednesday and told me he was in town.  He wanted to see us, but had plans for Thanksgiving dinner already.  So, I invited him and his friend Garrett to come to the Turkey Bowl for some Soccer.  He couldn't refuse!  It was a great game and no one got hurt this year!  Yay!

the kids game

THE Goalie!

Game On!

Colby and Cali at Defense

Soccer Boys!

Colby, Carter and manly Garrett in the pink shirt

My Big Bro!

Lukey keeping up with Garrett

My Boys!

Goal kick by Luke

Gettin' serious...

Tami and the little ones playing on the bleachers...

Pennies!

Leland, Mark, Luke and Colbs in the half penny
 After a morning of fun, we headed home and relaxed for a little while and got cleaned up.  We headed over to Gammy & Papa's a little early to get in some more Colby time before he left. So thankful to have that kid in my life...I love him so much! (sniff, sniff)... Then it was time for the feast!
Mom's amazing sugar cookies

Some before dinner reading...

Tradition

Mom, Gamichele, Josh & Sarah
 The meal was amazing!  I could not stop eating.  I seriously ate so much that it hurt!  For reals...it really hurt!    So thankful I didn't puke!  After dinner we went outside to walk and play off the food!  
Frisbee

Look at that form!

Cute boys!


almost got a pic!

Sar Bear gettin' warm and comfy texting her BF
 We went on our walk just as the sun was setting...
 So Beautiful!  So thankful to live in such a beautiful place!
 We had such a nice night and finished it off with lots of card playing.  So thankful for my wonderful family!
Friday...
No Black Friday shopping for me this year.  All my shopping buddies have moved away...so sad...
But I did get to sleep in this morning while Jer went surfing.  Grateful that he got to have Wednesday and Friday off.  When he got home, we packed up a picnic and headed to the park to enjoy this beautiful day!



 We played a family game of soccer until Luke hurt his knee.  Then while icing his knee, Cali got stung by a bee!  So, we headed over to the playground for a little more play time at the playground.





Right after I took this pic, Gav fell back and hurt his head!  So thankful nobody died!!!  Our outings always seem to end with injuries or sadness...but we did have a nice time and the kids kept saying we should do it more often.  I agree!  My heart is full.  We are healthy, we are happy and we have been so blessed with so much.  Thankful for Thanksgiving and so much more!

1 comment:

  1. YAY!! Sounds like a perfect Thanksgiving week!!
    You do have so much to be grateful for, and I'm so grateful for you and our friendship. Love you girlie!!

    ReplyDelete