| 20 years later! |
Last weekend, I reunited with 10 friends from High School for a Cheer Reunion. It was put together by Jackie Pack (Chico!) and WOW! What a weekend it was! We met at the Fairmont Santa Monica Hotel and checked in Friday afternoon. We all met up in the lobby wearing our trapeze clothes...cause we went over to the pier for a Trapeze Party!
| signing our lives away... |
Jackie reserved the place for 2 hours, had it catered and even had some old cheer uniforms out for us to play with!
It was so freaky climbing up the ladder to the platform! I was the second one to go! And here is my first try...
I did it and it was AWESOME!!! (you can't tell, but I'm totally shaking...)
Here's my second time...
Then my 3rd...getting the "hang" of it!
Then we got to do a "catch"...
It was so much fun! I can't believe I got to do this! And we all had such a great time being together again. It really felt as if no time has passed...And look how cute we are!
| Yvonne, Jackie, Tina-Marie, Vicky, Jenni, Kari, Renee, Ana & Me |
Once we were done (& sore & tired) with trapezing, our leader (Jackie) led us back to the hotel to freshen up for our dinner at the Penthouse at the Huntley.
Here we are enjoying appetizers and drinks at the ritzy Penthouse!
We all headed back to Mine/Renee's Room and just chatted and looked at old pics from High School til about midnight! Then it was off to bed!
Saturday morning, Renee and I were up around 8. We headed downstairs to the lobby restaurant and had ourselves a nice breakfast. She went to get a facial while I went back up to the room, sat on the balcony and enjoyed the ocean view and called home to check on the fam. We all met in the lobby around 11 and headed down to the Jonathon Beach Club for some lounging on the beach!
We relaxed and chatted the afternoon away at the beach club, then headed back to the hotel to get ready for our next adventure. Jackie had hired some girls from the Dry Bar to do our hair. But I went to Kari's room and she made my natural curl come to life! I loved it! We got all dressed up and met our limo bus out front and headed to Nobu Malibu for dinner.
I seriously had the best dinner of my life. I had never tried sushi before, so I was a little scared. But once I got started, I couldn't stop. It was so yummy! And I even liked the caviar too!
Me & My Roomy!
After we had been stuffed full of our 10 course meal...we headed out to the patio for some more photos...
After dinner we went to a club - The Bungalow - back at our hotel. Everyone was pretty drunk, and I was really tired. Tina-Marie was done too, so we left around 1:00 AM and went to bed. Everyone else was out until 5:00 AM!
| Chico & Tico together again! |
I had to be up at 7:00 AM, check out and head home to hear Gav speak in church. It was such an amazing weekend and I had the best time re-connecting with these ladies. I cannot even begin to express my gratitude to Jackie for putting all this together. It was so wonderful connecting will all these fabulous women. I can't wait for the next reunion!
To see all the pics... Click HERE.

No comments:
Post a Comment