The Beastie Boys wrote a book.
And to launch it, they held an event in LA.
A small theater, with limited tickets, and I was able to get 3!
Saturday, November 3rd, These 2 and I headed up to check it out...
It started at 7:00. We got there at 5. There was already a line down the street full of fans.
Doors opened at 6:00 and we were checked in, given a book, and then off to find seats. It was General Admission and Jer wanted to sit as close to the stage as possible. So we headed down the orchestra level aisle.
8th Row, Center Orchestra!
Yeah Baby!
Upstairs, they had an exhibit and merch booth...
We wandered around the exhibit and got Gav a shirt and Jer some socks, then we headed back down to our seats.
All around us were seats covered in signs that read, "Reserved". They also listed the last names of the people who they were reserved for. Directly behind us, sat John C Reilly! Gav waved at him and got a wave back. Just behind him, was Andy Samburg and the guys from "Lonely Island". Gav walked right up and shook their hands. In our row, in this blurry pic, is Director, Spike Jonez...
The seat next to me had the name "Hanna" on it. I got curious and looked in the index of the book. I found the name "Kathleen Hanna", wife of AdRock. And, then, yep, she came in just before the show started and sat right next to me!!! This weird drunk lady came over and asked for a pic. Kathleen thought the lady wanted a pic with me and so I got to be in it-
After the drunk lady left, we were talking and I let her know that I had no idea who the we
ird drunk lady was. She didn't know her either. She thought I knew her. But its all good, because now I have a pic of me and AdRock's very cool wife!
Then, the show started. Mike D and AdRock came out and put on little skits and read excerpts from the book and shared memories and pics.
Mix Master Mike was on hand live! Playing for us throughout the whole show!
It was so cool! So intimate and chill.
We didn't want it to end. They did such a great job and it was such a fun night!
We hung out a bit in the theater when it was over, marveling at the celebrities that were there, just like us, to see the Beastie Boys. We struck up a conversation with Scott Menville, the voice actor of Robin in Teen Titans Go! and his very pretty wife. They were so cool and it just totally made Gav's night. He even offered to let me take a video of him to send to Cali and the boys at home. I loved having this experience with my 2 MEN! It was so worth the drive and Gav said it is up there in his Top 3 of Best Nights Ever!















No comments:
Post a Comment