Friday, November 30, 2018

Nana's Portland Birthday Weekend

Thursday 11/8, Cali and I headed to the airport to catch a late night flight to Portland.

We met Meish at a Hotel near the airport and then met up with Becky and Nana the next day for a weekend full of fun!  Becky and Nana picked us up around Noon and we headed into town...
First stop-Anthropologie
This was one of the coolest ones I have been in.  We had so much fun running around and looking and smelling everything!  And having fun photo shoots... 
 We headed to the clearance section and I found this little number that I had to try on.
I LOVED IT!  So much, that I ran around the store in it and didn't want to take it off.  The salespeople loved it on me too.  So they told be that they would give it to me for 40% off, instead of the 25 listed.  SOLD!  So I brought it home with me!  (it was $595 originally, marked down to $100...so I got it for like $60!  WooHoo!)
We continued to have fun trying on cute outfits... 

 Then we headed across the street to Powell's City of Books!
 Cali's dream come true!
Except that there were so many books and books and books, that it was a little overwhelming.
We did not buy one book!  Becky bought a picture and then we headed back outside to get some food.


 We walked to a restaurant that offered an awesome Happy Hour menu.  But, we got there and they told us no happy hour on Fridays... Boo!  But right across the street we found this place-
 Hit the spot!  And was so delish!
 We were getting tired and hungry for real food, so we checked into our Airbnb (which was a totally cute bungalow.  I don't have a pic!  Dangit!), and found this little local place to eat some dinner-
It was quite the experience.  It was a non profit.  Everyone who worked in the restaurant was a volunteer.  You order your food at the counter and let them know which local charity you'd like the money to go to.  Then, you find, clean and bus your own table.  It was pretty cool!  We felt so "Portland"!
After dinner, we went to the Convention Center to attend the first night of Time Out for Women.  We dropped Cali off upstairs and the Time Out for Girls Event (Cordy was already there with her YW group), then we went downstairs for our portion.  I loved our first speaker, Brad Wilcox.  But we were all kind of done and tired from our day, so we grabbed Cali and left early.  But not before having a little selfie sesh in the lobby-


Day 2:  We were up early, stopped at Starbucks for a quick breakfast, and headed back to the Convention Center for a full day of TOFW & TOFG.

At the lunch break, we ventured outside and took a nice little walk to the coolest and yummiest gastro pub...

 

 They were playing the best music and the food and atmosphere was so cool!  We loved this lunch spot!  Good Find!
 We returned to the convention center for the afternoon portion and did our best to stay awake and alert.  Meish led us in stretches between speakers...
 The conference ended at 4:00.  Cordy and Becky were in line waiting to meet all of the speakers and music performers.  Cali and I just waited in the back of the hall, while Meish and Nana went down the street to a Russion Motorcycle place.  While we were waiting for everyone, Cali saw Brad Wilcox with a small line.  So, we decided to head over and try to meet him.  He was so nice.  I shared with him my gratitude for the effect he had on Gav 3 years ago at EFY.  It was a neat experience to share with him.
 Once we were finished talking to Brother Wilcox, Cali ran over to meet Al Carroway.
Another very sweet person who embraced my little girl and made her feel special.

I'm actually so glad we decided to hang out and meet these wonderful people.
Cordy had come up with her YW group and her stuff was still at the hotel where they stayed.  So, we drove up to Tigard and it offered a gorgeous view of the sunset.  I stuck my head out the sunroof of Becky's car and took this pic. 
Once we had Cordy's stuff, we noticed a Target!  So, of course, we had to go!  We ran around the store and got snacks, drinks and matching pjs!  We were starving and were near a Souplantation, so we hit that up for dinner.  While we were there, we had so much fun talking and hangin out...I laughed so hard and so much!  It was so great!  
Becky surprised us after dinner, by taking us to see the Portland Temple...
It is GORGEOUS!
I had never even see pictures of this temple.  And it is now in my top 5!  It's huge and the fall leaves on the trees next to the white & gray marble was so beautiful to behold.  It was FREEZING outside, but I had to get out and run around the whole building.  Meish & Becky came with me and we got all sorts of pics...





We convinced Nana & the Girls to hop out to take a few as well!


I am so glad we made the temple stop!
We were so cold, that when we got back to our house, we threw on our cozy matching pj's and had ourselves a photo shoot!

Aren't we the cutest??
We had so much fun and I was laughing so hard in this pic that I'm crying!-
We are so rad!  We made a pyramid!  Go Team!
Then we tortured the girls and made them make a human hash tag..
We Win!
I can not even express in words how much I love these 2.  I am the luckiest sister in law!-

And I am so glad I got to have my girl here with us to make some sweet memories!-
Cordy had face masks and so of course, we put them on...


Can you see ours?

We were up so late having so much fun!  We all slept great and woke up ready for Day 3!
Sunday!
We started our morning with Doughnut Run-

Oh Man!  The Doughnuts were so yummy and the place was so cool!








Next we set off on an adventure to find a waterfall...
The Waterfall was closed for the day, so we stopped to try and take pictures of Cali throwing leaves, but it was too windy...



But it was beautiful...
We stopped and almost got blown away while looking at the Columbia River...
It was "Weely Windy!"
We lost Cordy and Cali...




Then Becky surprised us by taking us to lunch in Washington!  We went over the bridge to Vancouver and got lunch at Cafe Yumm!  Cali hated it and I loved it!
It was a cold and windy day, but so pretty...

We wanted a nice view of the city, so we drove up to Washington Park.  And I want to live in this neighborhood - Arlington Heights-
We parked and walked to the Japanese Gardens.  But it cost like $17/person.  So we headed over to the free rose garden instead.






And we took lots of pictures in the gardens!
And we were silly...














Can you find Becky?
We kept trying to get the perfect picture of the "mountain with the snow" (Mt. Hood).


We still needed a great view and so we went up to the Pittock Mansion..



And we found the perfect view with the "mountain with the snow"!  Meish was so happy!







We were pretty much ice cold from being outside for so long, so we headed back into the city to find some hot chocolate...
And we found some of the prettiest hot chocolate I've ever seen-


And Avocado Toast!
You would think we were done for the day...but, nope!  Becky was on a mission to get some shopping done.  So off we went to find clothes for Cordy.  I'm not sure if we got anything we were supposed to, but we did have fun!

After 3 stores, most of us were done (everyone but Becky).  We left Becky at the shops and we went to find food,  We found a cool restaurant and had ourselves an ok dinner.  We rescued Becky from the stores and finally went home.  Cali and I had to pack up all of our stuff and we got to bed as soon as we could (around 11 PM).  Cali and I had to wake up at 3AM and catch an Uber to the airport.  Our flight home left at 5:15 AM.  We were so tired and so sad, but happy when we got home to our boys.  It was such a fun weekend!  We loved the time we got to spend together and especially the time we got with Nana.  
Can't wait for the next one!




No comments:

Post a Comment