Friday, August 7, 2015

Comic-Con 2015 #year12

For the 12th year in a row, we were able to get tickets to SDCC.  We know how lucky we are and we could not wait to return.  This year was a little different though.  We got our tickets in November.  Long before Sarah was engaged.  And she picked Comic-Con weekend to tie the knot!  What???  Yep!  So I had to return my Saturday badge....at least I got a refund, right?
But Wednesday, July 8th came and Gav & I drove down to Hotel Circle to get our bags and badges.  We were ready!
Thursday morning, Gav, Cali and I headed downtown and got sweet $5 parking and then shuttled to the Convention Center.  First stop, Nerd HQ.  We got Gav checked in for his Battlefront game play, and then Cali and I headed up to the Sails Pavillion to get her badge.

We really wanted to see the Dr. Who panel in Hall H, so we met back up with Gav and went to get in line.  There was no line.  For Reals!  We walked right in.  We were able to enjoy the "Rock the Kasbah" panel with Bill Murray.  He was hilarious and we even got to do a sing-along with him.
Next up was the Mockingjay panel.  Cali got so excited when she realized she would be seeing Jennifer Lawrence!

Conan was the moderator and the whole cast was there.  It was a really cool and entertaining panel.

Then Chris Hardwick came out to moderate the Dr. Who panel.  Stephen Moffat, Peter Capaldi and Jenna Coleman were all there!
Cali and left the Dr. Who panel before the Q & A to run up and catch the Sherlock panel in Ballroom 20.  We made it in, but there was no Martin and no Benedict.  She was bummed.
We met back up with Gav and headed over to the Hyatt for the Her Universe Fashion Show!

We got goodie bags!!!
The show was amazing!  So many talented designers out there with such incredible geek designs.  We had a blast!
That was the end of Day 1!
Friday!  Family Day!  The kids and I got up early and headed down to try and catch the Cartoon Network panels...
The new shuttle we decided to take took too long, so we missed the CN panels.
So, we headed to the Exhibit Hall and hit up our favorite spots.  First stop- Weta!  I'm holding a black arrow...I can kill a dragon!!!

I love Dain!
We stopped by all of our favorite booths and saw some fun cosplay too...



Jeremy had to quit his job at Chase that morning, but then met up with us just in time for the TMNT and Teen Titans panels.

All the voice actors were there, including, Sean Astin and Seth Green...
The Teen Titans Go!  panel was so much fun.  These guys are hilarious.  We got to do a Beast Boy BAE sing-a-long...

We spent some time back down in the hall....







We took a long shot and got in the Hall H line for the Lucasfilm panel.  We didn't get in ( and I was sad...) but we still had fun waiting...

Gavin and Jeremy hopped in the Hall H Next Day Line to sleep on the sidewalk.  Yep!  Just so Gavin could get to see his WB panel first thing Saturday morning.  The other 3 and I took one last walk through the Convention Center, before saying goodbye to Comic-Con 2015...



And here's the overnighters on Saturday morning.  Jeremy took this pic right before he left Gavin there, and then he came home to make Sarah's sealing.  Gav got to enjoy the WB panel and then hung out with some of his favorite You Tubers (Black Nerd and the Honest Trailers Guys).  After Sarah's sealing, I drove back downtown and picked him up.  He had a pretty awesome Con!


Another year in the books!  Not our best one...well, not mine.  But!  So happy we were able to go and fingers crossed we get to go again next year!






No comments:

Post a Comment