Tuesday, January 21, 2014

A Sunny Holiday - MLK

 Yesterday was a Holiday - MLK jr. Day!  The kids had the day off school and Luke needed to get to the Reuben H Fleet Science Center to get his Webelo Scientist Activity pin, so off to Balboa Park we went.  And it was an absolutely gorgeous day.  My Grandpa Doug (Grandpa Duck - as Gav used to call him...) is in town, so my parents thought it would be fun to meet us down there.  We had a blast playing with all of the exhibits...


























 After almost 2 hours in the Science Center, we grabbed some lunch and ate outside.  It was fun to hang out with my parents and grandpa.  The kids don't remember him too much.  I feel bad.  That's totally my fault.  I just have never really been that close to him...my fault, again.  I'm hoping we can have some fun with him while he is here this week and make some memories.  Especially after losing Papa Moss last week, it makes me want my kids and myself to have as many special moments as possible with these special people.

No comments:

Post a Comment