Saturday, January 18, 2020

D23 Expo

We were so lucky to be able to get tickets for D23 Expo!  The only problem was, when I got the tickets, I had no idea that school would be in session and that Brody would have a game that weekend.  Also, Gav didn't join us because he had to work.  Cali struggled with whether she should go to school or with us.  We decided that she would go to 1st and 2nd period & then I would pick her up and we would head up to Anaheim.  That worked out great!  We missed the Legends panel, but were able to get right in line for the Disney + panel.



 We were supposed to get great seats because I'm a Gold Member.  But the seats were way in the back.  But I guess that is better than not getting in at all.


 The panel was AWESOME!  We got to see everyone and everything coming to the new App!  And they did such a good job of entertaining us in the process.  And I got to have my phone with me to take photos and videos!
Here are a few of the shows that we are really excited about-







 The best moment was at the very end, when Ewan MacGregor came out to announce the Kenobi series!  We lost our minds!

 After the Disney+ panel, we walked the Hall.



 We got some cool stuff, like this hat from the panel.
 We had fun checking out all the booths and seeing some familiar faces-






 And we ran into Rena!  Again!  Twice in one summer!  So Lucky!

  We headed home when the Hall closed around 7.  Cali, Luke and I packed up overnight bags, grabbed some dinner and headed back to the Convention Center to wait in line all night for the Live Action Panel in the morning.  Yes, we are crazy!  We slept on cold concrete.  Well, they kind of slept and I did not!  We had plenty of blankets this time, although, they confiscated my pillow and Cali's too!  But we felt great!  And were so stoked to be able to make it in to the panel!
It was INSANE!
We got to see presentations and actors and footage from:
-The Rise of Skywalker
-Jungle Cruise
-Black Panther 2
-The Eternals
-Black Widow
-Cruella
-Maleficent 2
-Mulan
-Onward
-Soul
-Raya and the Last Dragon
And they finished off with a spectacular Frozen 2 celebration and concert!  Our minds were blown!
 We were pumped, but sooooo tired from our long night in line.  We kept trying to find a way to meet up with Ashley, but it never worked out.  So, we headed to the Dream Store and I got myself these adorable Princess Leia mouse ears designed by Her Universe!
We had an amazing time, but I'm really kind of bummed that my Gold Membership doesn't give us more perks.  I'm debating whether to renew or not.  Plus, it is getting harder to get to these things with all of the kids.  And they seem to be losing their steam when we are there.  Me too.  We will see if we make it to another one in 2 years.

No comments:

Post a Comment