Saturday, January 18, 2020

The Lightsaber

Gav got some money for his birthday and wanted to use it to build his own lightsaber at Savi's Workshop at Galaxy's Edge.  I made the reservation for Monday 12/2 at 7:30 PM.  Gav got home from work around 5:30 and the boys wanted to come to and watch.  Gav could bring 2 people in with him.  Traffic was a little rough.  But we parked at 7:05 and were able to check in at Savi's at 7:20.  Phew!  Made it!
 I was going to go over to Oga's and see if there was a wait.  But one of the cast members heard me telling the boys goodbye and told me that I could stay with them and go in and watch too!
 I was so excited!
 This whole experience was magical.  They have done a great job at making this very authentic.  It was emotional!
 This was such rad moment for Gav.  I loved watching him build the lightsaber.  Its like he has been working his whole life for this moment.





 When the crystal was placed in the hilt and he fired it up, I teared up!
 I was so happy for him!

 He loved it.  All of it!
 We celebrated with some blue milk.
 And got some shots with the Falcon.
 Luke was wearing a Kylo Ren t-shirt, so Kylo thnked him for his support.  Luke just kept walking.  It was funny!

 We grabbed dinner at Pizza Planet and then we wanted to ride Star Tours.
Except Brody felt sick after dinner.  So I sat and watched the fireworks with him, while Luke and Gavin rode Star Tours.  Then we went home.  It was such a cool night with my boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment