Friday, May 13, 2022

Cochabamba

 After waiting almost 2 months for his mission call, it finally arrived on Tuesday 12/21/2021.
Both Luke and Cali had been checking their emails every Tuesday morning since the end of October for their calls.  Each week, no call, and you could see the discouragement and worry settling in on both of them.
On the morning of the 21st, Luke came down around 11 AM and just sat on the couch.  We had been checking with President Riddle to see Luke's status every week, and he informed us that Luke's call had been assigned. 
Jeremy was at the table working, I was sitting on the couch watching tv with Cali and Kenzee.  Luke was just staring at his phone.  Finally, Cali quietly asked him if he got the email and he said yes, but he hadn't opened it yet.
So, we all just sat there waiting for him to do something!
Cali grabbed his arm and said, "C'mon, we are going to lunch."
She too him to In n Out and then drove him to her favorite park.  He got out and sat on a bench to read his call.  She sat in the truck anxiously waiting and texting me his body language movements.  I was dying!  After being on the bench for a while, he came back to the truck and looked at Cali and said, "Bolivia!!"  Then they hurried and looked up where exactly that was.  She said he was so happy!
I was picking up Blakely when they got home, so I missed him telling Jeremy.  But when I walked in the door, he looked at me and yelled, "Bolivia!!!"
I was shocked.  I totally did not have that on my radar.  But he was so happy.  He spent the whole day researching the country.  
This was just how he wanted it to happen.  He didn't want alot of people around and a big deal made about it.  Being with Cali and being alone to open the email, was exactly how it was supposed to happen.
He will be serving in the Bolivia, Cochabamba , Spanish Speaking Mission from March 2022-March 2024!
Cali still had not received her call and was a little sad.  But she was so happy for her brother.  We all are!  He is going to be amazing.  And now I cry.

No comments:

Post a Comment