For Christmas, I got Jeremy a getaway with me!
On New Years Day, we ditched the kids and drove up the coast to a beautiful Air bnb in the hills of Cayucos! It was a barn, converted into the cutest little studio with the most breathtaking view!
(Pics posted in the reverse order).
We drove up and up and up some windy dirt roads on this amazing cattle ranch until we reached the top. We got settled and made a cup of tea and sat on the porch and watched the sun set over the ocean. It was magical.
Once the sun went down, we drove down into town to find some dinner. We ate at a yummy fish and chips place and then we walked along the little pier.
I found out that Tami Gemmell's cousin is the one who decorates this pier every year for the holidays! No way! It was chilly and there isn't a whole lot to do in town, so we headed back to our barn for the rest of the night. We cuddled up and watched "Wheel of Time" and "The Witcher".
Sunday 1/2/2022
We woke up to the most beautiful sunny (chilly) day. We met our host and he told us that we could explore the whole property. So, we decided to hike to the highest point. Or at least, the highest without scaling a mountain.
It was so lovely and I even bust out "The Sound of Music"!
We also loved hanging out on our porch making friends with our animal neighbors-
After our morning hike, we drove back down the hill and had lunch at a cute diner and then explored the beautiful beaches...
Then we drove 10 minutes north to Cambria and walked along the coastal trail...
We wanted to grab the sunset at Moonstone beach, so we hopped in the truck and passed these guys on the way-
Just barely got to Moonstone for the sunset and it was worth it! I love this place so much.
We drove to Morro Bay and grabbed some pizza to go and ate back at our barn while watching our shows.
On Monday, we slept in, but I had a terrible migraine. I really wanted to be able to grab a yummy breakfast, but I just didn't feel like it. We packed up and headed home, but did stop in Ventura, when I was feeling better and had some delicious Mexican food.
It was a quick getaway, but it was so peaceful and rejuvenating and a perfect way to start the year.
Here's hoping we can carry this feeling throughout 2022. (fingers crossed)
































No comments:
Post a Comment