January 22, 2022
Papa Gene went home to be with his sweetheart. I know he is very happy.
He was the best! And he loves my Gramma so much. I will miss him.
On January 27th, Jeremy and I flew to Utah for his funeral.
(pics in the wrong order!!!)
We flew into Provo and Trini picked us up from the airport. Then we met Henrique and Phoebe at the yummiest brazilian restaurant for lunch.
Henrique dropped us off at our hotel and I took a long nap. We walked to Burger Supreme for dinner and just chilled for the rest of the night.
On Saturday, the 28th, Chloe picked us up and we rode up to Logan with her and Carter and Kaitlyn. The funeral was way low key. Papa was cremated and everyone just took turns telling stories about him. We drove out to the cemetery and Uncle Brent said the dedicatory prayer. David spread the ashes all over the snow over Gramma. That part was weird. But it was a beautiful, freezing winter day and I was so happy to be with all my family.
The funeral food at the wake did not disappoint! And then we left pretty quick because Chloe needed to get back.
Jeremy and I had no car and we were bored. We were staying near some car dealerships, so we went and test drove some jeeps and a bronco. I decided that I like driving the jeep more! So I think I want to get one now!
We heard there was a fundraiser for the BYU surf team that night. So we walked the long 5 blocks to get there. It was a huge college party and I felt totally out of place, but Jeremy jumped right in and even threw Tyler Rohner around in the mosh pit. We left pretty quickly and got some Dutch Bros. Hot Chocolate on the way back to the hotel.
That was the end of our quick Utah trip. We were up early Sunday morning and took the only uber in Provo on Sundays to the airport.
Only there for 2 days, but squeezed so much love and fun into it. So sad that I don't get to see Papa Gene on my visits anymore. But so glad he is home with his sweetheart!














No comments:
Post a Comment