Thursday, May 19, 2022

ouch

 I picked up Hailee on Jeremy's Birthday and heard my back make a funny noise and it hurt.  It hurt a little bit more each day after, and then on Valentines Day, I could not move.  I could not sit, stand or lay down.  Everything hurt so bad.  So, I went to Urgent Care.  They determined that I had sciatica.  They gave me a shot in the butt for the pain and sent me on my way with a "Good Luck" hope it goes away soon.  The shot did nothing and I was still in pain for days.
They did give me muscle relaxers to take at night and I was taking Ibuprofen all day and laying on the heating pad non-stop!  I missed that whole week of work and kept re-injuring the area when I would just sit down or move in a weird way.  It was miserable.  After a week, I went to see my doctor and he put me on steroids and gave me a referral to physical therapy.  It took 2 months, but finally by mid April, I was able to move again, with just a little soreness.  It turns out that my bulging discs actually tore through the muscle.  That's why it hurt so bad and took so long to get relief.  I am going to retire from watching kids.  June 10th will be my last day.  I think my body is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment