Tuesday January 4, 2022
Cali checked her email all morning and still no mission call. This was getting ridiculous! You could tell that she was just starting to give up. It made me so sad. President Riddle had been checking her status every week and it still read "in process". So, she went to work.
Around 4:00 PM, she comes running down stairs yelling, " I got it! It came!" What?! But, it was the afternoon, 5:00 PM Utah time, that can't be right! Jeremy texted President Riddle, and sure enough, her status had been changed to "assigned". But she was on her way to babysit and Dad wasn't home! Should she read it now?! Or wait until she gets home? But it will be late?! She really wanted to invite all our friends and family over to be here when she opened it. So, I left it up to her what to do. She decided to wait until the next day (Wednesday) to open it. She figured she had waited this long, what's one more day?
So, we sent out the texts and emails and had everyone here that she wanted. We got the FB lives and the IG lives going. When she got to the part of where she would be serving she yelled, "you have been called to labor in the Oregon, Portland mission!" And everybody cheered. She continued to read on and then this happened-
She covered her mouth and began to cry as she tried to get the words out that she would be spending the first 4 months of her mission at the New York and Pennsylvania Historic Sites!!! Sighs and huhs? and whats?! from everyone. I sat there and my eyes filled with tears. I knew. I knew right then and there that my Father in Heaven loves this girl. This was her dream mission. And HE knew it! And she had to wait in order to get it. The timing was perfect and my baby girl was getting the best mission call ever! I was filled with the Spirit as it confirmed to me that she was not forgotten. That she was so loved.
No comments:
Post a Comment